Comparing Aclepsa Topa Costs......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Breeze! I am suprised it is that simple!

It is kinda expensive still, but I was drinking alot before I started this thirty and so that cost alot too. Not to mention the cost to my health.

Maude

Comment

Maude, Campral was not ment for moderation. You should be AF for a few days before starting it, and drinking while on it will decrease it's effect. Also, I have not taken topa from Aclepsia, but when I did take topa I purchased it from Turkey. It worked for me, but like you I was curious if it was full strength or not, so I ordered from Mexico and found that the Mexico Topa was stronger than the turkey topa. Just an observation, but just because an offshore pharmacy claims a certain strength it is not necessarly so.

Bear
      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Thanks bear, so if I want to moderate my drinking Topa, if I want to quit altogether Campral.

Is this the consesus view? Can anyone second this?

I am not considering medication lightly . I have tried both moderating and quitting before without meds.

Everyone should try moderation or abstinence on their own before opting for a medication to help, right?

This is a great site, I have learned so much just in several days here!

Maude

:new:

Comment

I'm not on medication but would just like to ask the following question:

Why would one still have to take Kudzo and L-Glutamine to stop the cravings if they are on the "real-stuff" such as Topa/Campral? Thanks for your answer.

BS
          It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Well...as for me...I tried just stopping...it didn't work for me....I tried hypno CDs (from another site)...didn't work (spent about $200 on them)....I tried the book (MWO) and the supps alone...didn't work for me....added the CDs...didn't do it for me....I added Topa...it worked....
            You have to see what works for you...I wanted to try the least invasive method...I didn't want to involve my doctor...I didn't want to take a drug...I didn't want to trade one drug for another but the supps alone just didn't do it for me, I needed the TOPA to put me over the edge...for ME and I say ME...TOPA worked like a switch to get me over the edge..once I started it I just didn't really "care" do drink...sure...I kind of wanted to but just didn't "care" to...didn't want to bother with it...a little difficult to explain...
            This doesn't mean it was EASY...because it hasn't been...and I've gone through some rough days....the last couple of days have been a couple of those when I would have normally come home and poured a few glasses of wine and then graduated to some stiff ones until I was passed out on the couch...I mean, I deserved it after a rough day...BUT...I didn't do it...Just fought off the desire....a month ago I couldn't have done that.
            As I understand one difference between Campral and Topa (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong...)....if you are on Campral you CAN NOT drink at all...on TOPA you CAN so you can Moderate down.
            Some on the boards have reported that when they drink when on Topa they have increased intoxication others report decreased intoxication. Personally, I'm not sure which is correct since I haven't had a drink since taking it. I am trying to stay AF for a month or so to flush my system out and give it a break.
            In any event...just keep reading...you'll get a wealth of information from these boards....if you have questions...just ask....welcome!!!!
            :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

Working...
            X