Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to indulge in a day dream anymore on baclofen - anyone experience the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to indulge in a day dream anymore on baclofen - anyone experience the same?

i've said it before in a few posts, baclofen seems to wire up my brain in such a way that my normal frame of mind is different, i can't articulate what that is per se. things are just "different", one manifestation of this i can communicate, is that i can't indulge in fantasy day dreams anymore. these are my "go tos" when i try to fall asleep or when i am bored. examples are: imagining what winning the lottery would be like, how i would allocate my funds and what i would do with my life; or imagining how the season will play out in a particular sport, strengths weaknesses in various players and mulling over the details.

I call these "mind movies" and i use them to distract me from anxiety or to fall asleep, they help me move away from thought patterns that are unproductive and contribute to the problem at hand, especially when trying to fall asleep; if i can get involved in a topic of interest, i end up falling asleep and i fall asleep without realising.

Baclofen has changed all that. when i attempt to imagine the old scenarios i just don't get involved in them anymore. i still fall asleep easily, but i dont really know how, i just do, perhaps this is how "normal" people fall asleep. i havent been able to log what happens yet since my memory is fuzzy at that stage. Perhaps as an alcoholic i needed these to fall asleep but i dont anymore.

thoughts?

has anyone else found that they can't indulge in day dreaming, the same way as before baclofen?
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links
Working...
X