• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not new, but back again

Hi Spellbound. I'll look for it.

Sam

Comment

Not new, but back again

Spellbound;1688948 wrote: Hello Sam and welcome back - I'm a long-term lurker and 2nd time thru the switch - coming up to my 3rd month alcohol-free. Would you mind bumping the thread you refer to? I recently switched brands. Also the loss of indifference crept up on me last time, and I want to avoid that happening again. Thank you.
      Could you tell your story as well. Thanks!

Comment

Not new, but back again

HI Sam -I truly am glad to see you back posting -especially after you posted:

"This is why I rarely post anymore. It's sad. Spirit, you remind me of the addiction doctor I went to in hopes of getting a legit Bac rx. He made me feel dirty.
        Did you see the documentary Jesus Camp? I suggest you see it. There is room for all of us here, moderating or not."

In my opinion, we are all here on this site trying to help each other reach a point in sobriety that helps us function better and feel as though we 'ok'. It is my hope that I never make you "feel dirty" as a function of becoming sober. Negative and irrational comments from others are ok, but I sincerely felt disappointed when I read your comment.

The primary purpose of the indifference thread was to point out that there is so much more to sobriety than having physical cravings removed and obsessive thoughts diminished.

Peace to you.

Comment

Not new, but back again

Samandkatharine;1689024 wrote: Could you tell your story as well. Thanks!
          Hi Sam, just checking in and see a thread has been bumped. Thank you!

Actually, this is my 3rd switch. The 1st one I had to have a medical procedure and titrated off it - I started drinking again a couple of weeks later.

2nd time I titrated up quickly and down to 70mg very quickly. I didn't drink for 5 months, but then started having a glass here, a glass there, life got stressful and before I knew it I was drinking again. That was end of Nov/Dec 2013. So this time I again titrated up quickly and had the switch on the 21st May. Have stayed at 140mg. I had zero urge to drink but then surprisingly a week ago I was out with a friend and had a real urge for a glass - I ended up drinking 3 glasses of wine but upped my dose the next day and have had no afterthought for a drink since. But I wonder why that strong urge and wonder has it to do with the fact that I recently switched from pacifen to lioresal. I'm determined to keep it up this time and am much more mindful about not slipping up.

All 3 times my switch happened at 240 but I went up to 260. I find the SEs almost worse when reducing my dose. I used to drink a bottle of wine a night - but never during work day. I could even go to the gym after work but as soon as I hit the sofa I reached for the bottle of wine. Have had the blues a bit recently which hopefully will pass as my body/mind is just getting used to living alcohol free.

Comment

Working...
          X