Ondansetron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ondansetron

Has anyone tried Ondansetron to reduce/eliminate their drinking?

D.

Ondansetron

it looks interesting, but that medication looks prohibitively expensive to use daily.

The drug is a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, so perhaps other drugs that block the receptor work too. I found this pubmed link

The role of 5-HT3 receptors i... [CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Preclinical findings indicate that antagonism of the 5-HT3 receptor in the ventral tegmental area, nucleus accumbens or amygdala reduces alcohol self-administration and/or alcohol-associated effects
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Ondansetron

It's a generic now so 56 4mg tablets only cost me about ?15 with a private prescription. Two tablets per day.

I've already noticed two things - the horrible nausea that I feel in the morning is much better - and I don't get the "aaaaaaah" feeling when I have my first drink after work.

Let's see how it goes. I have decided to titrate down on baclofen as it was making me a non-functional human being.

Comment

Working...
      X