• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The end of my addiction website

Yes,me to ��

Comment

[MENTION=16949]StuckinLA[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22520]nicnak68[/MENTION]...I find that I am frequently unable to access the EOMA site. I was not able to get on just now, but will try again later.

Stuck-congratulations on coming up on almost 17 months AF!:yay: So happy for you!!

nicnak-Great to see you, too. I am also very worried that Ne's addiction has swallowed her up. My emails and texts have gone unanswered as well. :-(

Comment

I helped with funding their website, however once it got going it turned into a baclofen discussion and bash any other method, which for me was a big disappointment. I tried getting along for a bit, but had to give up.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Hi Youkaybee
          Tried to send you a private message but it says your box is full

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
            Hi Youkaybee
            Tried to send you a private message but it says your box is full
            Apologies I didn't realise, I've now cleared some out - feel free to make contact.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
              I helped with funding their website, however once it got going it turned into a baclofen discussion and bash any other method, which for me was a big disappointment. I tried getting along for a bit, but had to give up.
              I don’t believe this to be true at all. There was a lot of Baclofen discussion but there is only one poster who pushes it as the only/best solution and they’re not that active. There has been support for Naltrexone as well. There is no bashing going on.
              http://baclofentreatment.com/
              http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
              http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2JTx3 View Post
                I don’t believe this to be true at all. There was a lot of Baclofen discussion but there is only one poster who pushes it as the only/best solution and they’re not that active. There has been support for Naltrexone as well. There is no bashing going on.
                Is that current if so I'd be happy to go return, it wasn't the case when I left. I tried for a long time before I stepped back.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
                  Is that current if so I'd be happy to go return, it wasn't the case when I left. I tried for a long time before I stepped back.
                  In my mind that’s always been the case, except for the poster I referenced. I understand that you may see it differently. I wish you would come back. It’s not super active, but there have been some inquiries about Nal lately and you would be able to give good advice.
                  Last edited by Mom21961; May 27, 2018, 12:54 PM.
                  http://baclofentreatment.com/
                  http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

my doc just gave me a prescription for naltrexone and boy does it work- I took one sip of a g and t a felt disgusted.
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2JTx3 View Post
                      If you are referring to me as thinking or pushing baclofen as the only/best solution, you are misunderstanding everything I've ever said on the forum.

When I first came to the forum baclofen was being used by only a handful of people around the world and there were simply no other drugs which were showing any real promise. The use of baclofen has shown that for many people it does work.

Within several months of coming to this forum I became alarmed that serious alcoholism was being handled by unqualified people on an internet forum and I sought out doctors for my wife and retained the services of Dr. Chick. He is the doctor who treated Youkaybee and I am the person who recommended him. He told her baclofen was not for her.

I've never once said baclofen is the only way to treat alcoholism. Many people stop drinking without treatment at all. Many stop with psycho-social counselling through AA. Others have found success with Naltrexone.

My point is that using the term "alcoholism" as a diagnostic tool doesn't help people decide what approach is best for them. Baclofen treats an anxiety illness. If you don't have that illness, then you shouldn't take baclofen. If you drink for enjoyment and the euphoria, then take Naltrexone. If you are just a heavy social drinker out of habit, then try to taper off.

It's not very nice to be misrepresented in a way which suggests I hold views which I don't. You almost portray me as an annoying pest. It's a shame that after all these years of thinking you were a friend and understood what I was saying, neither turned out to be true and what you seem to actually be interested in is insulting me publicly. Seriously, it's alarming to me how dismissive you are and how easy it is for you to write me off as just a trivial nuisance.
                      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
                      X