Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First

Day 2!!!

Hi Everyone!! Made it through Day 1 and now it's Day 2 and I'm SO glad I didn't cave yesterday. I came home from the gym last night, had a bite to eat (although I wasn't hungry much all day), went to bed early, read some of the book , listened to the 1st cd and went to sleep. I slept pretty good although I woke up 5 or 6 times. So now it's on to Day 2.Thank You to all that helped.:goodjob: I decided to be the 1st to use this new thread and I think it really helped me after some of you got involved because I started to feel like it was a team effort and there was no way I was going to let you down! Hope everyone is having a good day!:thanks: Don

Comment

First

Hi Don
      Just caught up with this!
      Day 2!
      Way to go!
      I have a son living in Ohio! Near Canton.
      I just wanted to say that there are alot of us here pulling for you!
      Just a thought:

"Never let us be discouraged with ourselves; it is not when we
      are conscious of our faults that we are the most wicked: on the
      contrary, we are less so. We see by a brighter light. And let us
      remember, for our consolation, that we never perceive our sins
      till He begin to cure them.
      " -- Fran?ois F?nelon

:l Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

First

Hi Don ! Great to see you posting and sharing your feelings with us... You can do this.. You and I did this back in April together... We are all here for you to be the best you can be. Keep on taking your supps and be good to yourself... This isn't easy but you are the man for the job.. " You Are Worth It " Sending your positive thought,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

First

Thank You Niblet. I remember in April you were on of the first to reply to me. How are you doing? You are right, this isn't easy but I AM the man for the job.. Thanks, Don

Comment

First

So glad to hear from you today. With this behind you, Day 2 will be much easier. We are all here for you.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

First

Hi Don,
              Great to see the sense of achievement you feel at not succumbing to temptation last night...........feels wonderful, doesn`t it?............. to get that 1st AF night in and to know you`ve "stopped talking the talk, and started walking the walk" Well done for toughing it out.

Definitely think Day 1 is by far the worst.

Get this..........was in the supermarket today, and admittedly I did have a fleeting thought as to how lovely it would be to enjoy a glass of wine tonight, BUT!!!!............it didn`t actually bother me that I wasn`t buying any..........I felt no desperate need of it.........a far cry from this time last week!!! LOL

Hope you have an easier time of it tonight.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

First

Hi Don!

I'm so glad you were able to sleep.

I just woke up myself, waiting for the coffee, had a crazy kitten attacking me all night!

Onward and upward, sir!

Nancy xxx :thumbsup
                ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                I am in the next seat.
                My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

First

Yep Don, I remember when I first "met" you back in April... I'm doing pretty good... There have been a few times where I have drank more than I would be happy with.. Being AF along with you and others was a really awesome experience I will never forget.. Nice car you got there !! Keep up the good work Don, I'm really REALLY proud of you making this decision for yourself and allowing us all to be a soft place for you. You ARE the man for this job. Your Pal,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                  X