Not doing so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doing so good

Good morning, Beatle! (Or, afternoon if the case may be --- I just got to CA from NJ, so I'm all mixed up with time!)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you need to get into a positive place. The CD and supplements did it for me (as well as support from others here.) Are you doing the program? It makes a HUGE difference!!

As for yesterday, it is gone now. Forget about it and resolve yourself to make today a good day! (3 wasn't bad, but since it isn't where you want to be, you have to put it behind you.)

Good luck! We are here for you!

Hugs,
    Lauren (Day 10 here! If I can do it, everyone can!!)
    I

Comment

Not doing so good

Nope, it's late now, and has not been anything close to my AF goal, but no drunkeness, just a few weak moments. I'm doing everything pretty much according to MWO program except the topa and it's just not working. But I'm not giving up yet. I think I need more exercise and more supps. Oh yeah, and that will power thing. he he. Not feeling all that bad though.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle -

Hang in there - the important thing is that you not let your slips become a reason to slip back into destructive mode. Every day is a new day - and if you just keep on trying, one of these times something will click, the moment will be right or whatever - and it will work for you - I'm sure of it. Just don't give up on yourself.:goodluck:
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Not doing so good

Hey Beatle, I am going to start AF again today,....want to do it with me??
          xx
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Not doing so good

yeah, I'll try again today Amelia, let's see if we can do it. I'm pretty sure if I just get through the first day, I'll keep going. I'm pretty scared about the withdrawal though. I've been through it before. Hoping the supps will help. I don't have anything for the cravings, but fear of failure and my own life at stake.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Not doing so good

Hi Beatle

Sweetie, if you're craving a drink when you wake you need to see the doctor, you're physically dependent on alcohol.

You can't just NOT drink, your body won't let you. Don't torture yourself and then feel like a failure. You are not a failure.

Go to the doctor and arrange for detox. A safe detox.

Gods speed sweetheart,

magic xx :heart:
              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
              I am in the next seat.
              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Not doing so good

Thanks Magic, actually I did not physically need to drink, just mentally. I didn't shake or anything (I've been through that and know how it is). Right now it is 14 hours since my last drink and I am not feeling any physical withdrawal symptoms. Still, based on my drinking history, I know I should do detox with help of doctor, but I can't go that road again for many reasons. I have most of the drugs used by doctors to detox anyway and can use them if needed. Right now though, I think it's more my head than my body that is doing the craving-- though I may feel differently in a few hours! Stay posted!

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle, I know you are a smart cookie (intelligent woman) so I'll trust you on this one and won't nag.

I will stay posted though. Drink your water, find a mantra, and take your medication when necessary.

Beatle can do this, I just know she can.

m. xx
                  ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                  I am in the next seat.
                  My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Not doing so good

Nah-- did not make AF today, but it was a considered decision. All alone with 3 kids, not a good time to take a chance (maybe just justification?). Anyway, I'm at low-level drinking at this point, waiting for a good time (i.e. spouse at home) to do AF but really want to do it SOON. Probably Sunday is first chance. I'm really motivated and feeling ok about the moderation I've managed.Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone.

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle, did you ever get the Naltrexone? I think you were asking about it before. I think you said your doctor would prescribe it, but not Topa. Well, if you can get it or have it already, I highly recommend taking it. I take one pill a day (50 mg) and it has totally shut off my cravings. I still drink. I decided to Mod (I drink about once/week and within healthy limits). But, I do not crave it or feel like I ever HAVE to have it anymore. And, when I had tried to quit before, I just could never get past the cravings. I could go one day fine, two days were hard, and I almost never made it past 3 days AF. The Naltrexone has really helped me take back control because the cravings aren't there. So, if you have it or could get it, I highly recommend giving it a try. You still have to want to be AF or want to Mod for it to work, but it makes it so much easier. And, I know you have the want. Its just so hard when you want to do better, but physically, your brain is sabotaging you.

Comment

Not doing so good

Yes, I DO have the Naltrexone. Problem is that it is contraindicative to another medicine I take (unrelated) so I have not been able to decide what to do. Which one? (Of course the doctor prescribed both, but I just found this out on the internet. Gotta be careful).

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle when I was drinking it was never a good time to stop, I always looked
                          for an excuse to continue, why wait until sunday? my low level drinking never
                          stayed low, can yours ? Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today.
                          Love Paula x

Comment

Not doing so good

Very good expression Paula: Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today.

Beatle, do what is right for you. Maybe phone your doctor's office and ask if the meds are conflicting and what you should do. You have to be careful what you read on the internet. There are varying opinions and studies which can confuse the crap out of a person.

Comment

Not doing so good

gosh you guys are so nice to care so much. Actually I know I am somewhat physically addicted, hence waiting for spouse to be home to do it CT. But am trying to be as moderate as possible in the meantime. Just have to be there 100% for my 3 wee one,s and strange as it seems, yeh, it might be irresponsible to go CT alone with them. See?

Comment

Not doing so good

oh yeah, about the meds. no way-how do I trust my doc. Sorry, but that is the truth, based on past experience. Nobody should trust their doc, sorry but I mean it, do the work yourself, thats what RJ did by the way. You are responsible for your own health. your doc is just a helper, hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X