Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doing so good

Hi Beatle

I have complete faith in my psychiatrist. He is a good man.

My degree is in nursing not medicine and although I do take responsibility for my own care I cannot fathom the chemical make-up of the human brain.

I'm really sorry you find yourself in this situation Beatle as this struggle , in my experience, was so much easier with the help of a good doctor and the right medication.

I completely understand the need to make sure the wee ones are safe.
    You need to make sure you are safe as well.

Cold turkey is never a good idea.

magic xx :heart:
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Not doing so good

Hi Beatle, just got back from hols and found this thread ........ Baby steps worked wonders for me, cutting down gradually ... I think that you are doing that. I wish you everything that you wish for yourself ..........

Hang in there .........

Love BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Not doing so good

thanx, am hanging in there. All kids in bed and, guess what, no craving for a drink! I just want to get through this day (night) and maybe tomorrow is AF, definitely Sunday (will have the support then). I am SO motivated. Thanx to you all. Life without alcohol-- that is the way for me.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Not doing so good

is it a problem?

i have big problem i dont know whether i'm addicted to alcohol or not :new:

Comment

Not doing so good

Hi Remedius, and welcome!

In my veiw, if you can't get throught a day without needing a drink then it's a problem and you are probably addicted. I knew I was addicted when I started refusing to go out in the evenings if I couldn't drink, or I would organise to only go places that served alcohol.

PS: You will get a better response if you start a new thread under "need help ASAP" or "just starting out"... do you know how to do that?
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Not doing so good

Iam the last to give advice. Alcohol has ruined my life. So I tell you what lets see if you can keep up with me. A drinking game in the other direction. Iam on Day 3 AF. ECHOME

Comment

Not doing so good

i think i am in the same boat is you. i really really want to stop drinking but i am having a hard time..i think i am too lonely too often

Comment

Not doing so good

hey beatle. how are you doing? how are you and your sister doing? you know i just got the lithium orotate. so don't know if it will make a difference but i'm going to give it a go. i so know you can do this. i know you can. you are a fierce woman. and i know you want to have more quality time with the kids. is hubby out of town right now or is he home? well, i'm just sending you a big hug my friend
                  :welcome:

Comment

Working...
                  X