• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't Get It

Hi Don,
    Good to see you.
    You've only let yourself down friend.
    'Robot like'.
    That was a big problem problem for me too. I'd go in to the shop knowing I didn't want vodka, for bread and eggs and stuff.. and stand at the check out asking for a bottle, with no idea why.
    It's hard..still sometimes to pass it up, but I do.
    You just got to beat that robot.
    Good luck.

Comment

I Don't Get It

Hi Chief. I'm sorry to hear of your struggle and sorry it took me so long to post back!!! You didn't let anyone here down. I can sense your own disappointment, but that just shows that you are serious about wanting to stop the madness. Keep working it OK? I know you will feel like a million bucks when you get through Days 3/4, which I believe you will. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I Don't Get It

Hay Chief,
        It works out that way sometime ! We don't need a reason, nor a problem ! Shit just happens ! Re group & start agian ! Qutting is not an option ! IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I Don't Get It

Don, you haven't let anyone down - thats the beauty of this site, we all understand. I'm day 11 today and I know I'm on the edge of caving in - the last 3 days have been terrible. Hang on in there Don, I know you'll do it. Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I Don't Get It

Hi Chief,

Your determination is evident, so as everyone says, get up, brush yourself off and continue - 'Learning isn't about the destination, it's about the journey' - we learn as we go along, and each 'slip' gives us a better understanding of who we are, our drinking patterns, our triggers, our stength - learn from this and use that understanding to arm you better next time!
            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
            Goals:
            Days 1-7 DONE
            Days 8-14 DONE
            Days 15-21 DONE
            30 days DONE
            60 days
            100 days

Comment

I Don't Get It

Chief, WELCOME BACK .......... We have missed you ......

Believe it or not you are winning, you want to beat this and you can ...

2 days AF are a fabulous achievement, keep going ,we are all here for you ..

Love & Hugs, BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

I Don't Get It

Hi Chief, I was wondering where you were. That 3rd day seems to be a struggle for many. I don't know if it is when the alcohol gets out of our system and our body decides it must have some more or what. But you didn't let us down, as few of us have signed on here and then had no slips. Just pick yourself up and try again. And again. Like the rest of us until you make it. Do you have the supplements and stuff to help?

Comment

I Don't Get It

Don - This is a pretty apt symbol :teeter: and I recognized it for what it was the first time I ever browsed through the "smiles". It can be very difficult to get through day 2,3,4 - one thing I know for sure is that you have to get the beer out of your house. I know people have suggested giving it away - maybe that's best. Myself, I used to pour it down the sink, and that's a nice symbolic thing to do because it's like a cleansing or something - but not to be recommended if you don't think you could stop yourself from taking a drink. But do get it out of the house, and try again. There's no stigma here in having slipped, just try again. And post and read lots, In Canada liquor isn't sold in grocery stores, so that's one less temptation we have to avoid, but I wonder if you could stock up so that you won't have to go buy groceries for at least a week? So as not to court temptation? Good luck to you, you can do this!
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I Don't Get It

The 4th day was always my screw up day. On my first AF weekend that I really got serious, my ex brought me over a 12-pk. Just to be nice. humm.
                    I took it out of the fridge and let it get warm. And then gave it back to him. That truly WAS my first AF weekend. Ya just really have to set your mind to it. It was a really long time tho before the beer stores stopped jumppin out in front of me. Months and months.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                    X