Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to post- having a hard time

Chief you said these words we undestand all too well:

people here who have gone weeks,months AF and THEY cave so what makes you think you're different?"

yes, we fall down....but we don't stay that way anymore. (we includes you now buddy) so lets say for example you go 10 days then blow it and drink. hey...that's 10 glorious days of no hangovers and no beating yourself up! then you get back on the program and maybe go 10 or 15 days the next time. Sometimes we must fail our way to success...just like in business. If you say "well the carpet cleaning biz didn' work so screw it....I'm going to be homeless" . NO! same thing. it's ok to fail. learn, get up and fight.

FIGHT!

at times like this when you are having a really crappy time take a couple teaspoons of L-Glutamine powder in fruit juice...helps a lot for me.
    Hang in there
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Chief!

I just got in.....

I hope you are sound asleep and tomorrow is day four.

I've been sober for almost three years and yes, I could drink tomorrow, but I don't plan to or want to......you can get here too.

I failed miserably along the way but I got up again.

You can do this, arn't you that tough bastard?

Take this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

m. xx
      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
      I am in the next seat.
      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Don, cant say much cuz i'm strugglin myself. just wanted to say keep going. I will try to catch up as soon as I can...
        Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

'm a skater not a runner xxx max
          Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Don love, hang in there, you will feel SOOO much better tomorrow .....

Love ya, BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Cheif, please don't cave. I fell off the wagon this past saturday after 3 weeks and am so ticked off with myself. I am not looking back but I would have made it 1 month this weekend if I didn't fumble. I am on day 3 again and I can tell you IT's NOT WORTH caving. I felt like crap for 2 days! I swear if I could turn back time I would have never drank. Please keep posting and reading! It's one day at a time as cheesy as it sounds.
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hopefully Chief, you are getting some AF zzzzzzzzzzz's!!
                Big hugs
                x
                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hey Chief...
                  Stay strong.
                  That's why you're Chief.

Comment

Hi Don,

Brilliant idea coming here so I hope you find the support can help you through tonight and into your new day. As everyone says; one step, one day - set goals for success, not an overwhelming 'I'll never touch alcohol again' even if that's you're goal - each success is a step closer to that goal and it increases confidence, self respect and pride!

On another note, I found keeping a journal really helpful. a) it helped fill the time and b) it gave me ammunition - I used it to write down feelings both good and bad - when I had a day like yours and overcame the temptation I wrote down the amazing feeling of achievement I had the following morning, the sense of relief, of strength, of joy... If I caved in and drank which I did after 3 months, again I wrote the feelings, thought about what triggered the relapse, what I learned from it and how to move forward. I also wrote goals and just general ramblings about things I noticed now I was sober and why I wanted it to continue - remarks made by other people, great inspirational quotes, anything that came to mind really! Not only did I find the writing of it a confirmation of why I was doing this, but it gave me something to refer back to when I was tempted - a ready reminder of those feelings etc. and I found it helped keep me focused. Just something I found helped me through these early tough times...

Hang in there - you're doing so well and it's great seeing you around here, so keep posting (great distractor too) and sharing and we'll keep on rolling forward together :l
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

Don, how're you doing? Keep hanging in there...something in the air I think - I'll hang in there with you; easier with two and I need a hanging buddy just now too!

Arial - you say such good things. All you've said past and present is really helping me just now. Thanks so much.

Love to all.
                      Feet x
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Don, don't give a second thought to where you are posting. Where ever you go on any thread, I will promise you will find nothing but sincere and honest support to help you out.
                        It's my fourth day on MWO and my 14th day AF. I to struggled at first wondering if I was in the right spot. I finally just jumped in and everyone was helpful right away to make feel welcome.

Hang in there buddy, it is so worth it. Don't look back now.
                        Ford

Comment

ford;1539730 wrote: Don, don't give a second thought to where you are posting. Where ever you go on any thread, I will promise you will find nothing but sincere and honest support to help you out.
                          It's my fourth day on MWO and my 14th day AF. I to struggled at first wondering if I was in the right spot. I finally just jumped in and everyone was helpful right away to make feel welcome.

Hang in there buddy, it is so worth it. Don't look back now.
                          I'm with Ford on this one. Stay steadfast and use the advice and support available here and you will make great progress!
                          "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

I think the posts from Don (chief) are 8 years old but you guys are good souls to reach out!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Wow, how did we miss that. I thought on the main thread page it had today's date.
                              Good catch any, that might have kept going. Thanks.
                              Ford

Comment

Well, hopefully Chief is 8 years sober!

Comment

Working...
                                X