rough hangover/withdrawal day after binges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - you are all such wonderful people -I am supportifve of you all -but I cannot wait until I can support you with the promise that if I can you can! Yay!

Comment

wanted to say thanks again with the help of you wonderful people this has gotten easier-Sunday had half of what I normally would and I don't think I mentioned Saturday was my first no beer in the morning day-it was not really hard to do-I am feeling really good about myself I hope you are all too-you should-

Comment

Hang in there wantotstop, setting a goal for yourself and trying to achieve that is a first step, to drop down to only 5 beers is a reasonable ideal, try it for some time and then later on you can drop it to 3 who knows, go for it, you can beat it!!!

Comment

Wanttostop,

Keep tapering down. It will get tougher as you get fewer and fewer.

I would avoid Xanax while drinking!!!!! Both are central nervous depressants. DANGER!!

You can use the Xanax when you are not drinking, though.

The Campral will not help much until you quit. It's purpose is to help you brain chemistry get back to "normal" after years of drinking. I am taking it and it is starting to help but I have been AF 5 days and it is only now "kicking" in.

A friend of ours on this site tapered down and she still went through withdrawals pretty heavily. The Xanax is for you at that point.

You can do this.

We will support you, come on line whenever you need us!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

One really important thing, though, is withdrawals CAN be very dangerous. Seizures, you know.

If there is anyway you can, make sure you have someone around you when you are really stopping, or even better let your doctor know.

My doc told me to go to ER immediately if I felt tremors and shakes that I couldn't control.

This is not to be taken lightly.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X