Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dealing with problems

Jay,
    You are doing everything possible for your mother that a person can do. It's very hard to see a parent sick in a hospital bed. A few years ago my mom and dad were both in the hospital at the same time. They ended up passing away a few months apart. I come from a large family and we had our "family squabbles" but it's just a fact of life. I think it was this time in my life when I really started to drink a lot so I know where you are at. Now that I look back on it - it's a blur. My advice to you is to take care of yourself. Your mom needs you. Take Care

Comment

dealing with problems

Jay,
      My Mama has cancer also. She is not in the hospital but at home. She is very ill...she is down to 95lbs...etc. I know what you are going through. It is very hard. I will be praying for you. Stay strong!

Comment

dealing with problems

:heart: Dear Jay,

I am glad that you are feeling better. It's really a drag having one's mum in the hospital and so seriously ill. I do hope she pulls through this. Hang as strong as you can and forgive yourself when you can't. Sibs can get a little weird at times like this--I know.

:l :heart: E

Comment

dealing with problems

Jay,
          as you are going through this tough, sad time in your life I'm really glad that you can come to us when you need to.. We will always be here no matter what.. You are loved. Take good care of you, Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

dealing with problems

My thougths and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Michaela
            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

dealing with problems

hi
              and thanks for all the love and support here , mums out of hosp . so im just setting everything up for her after care etc
              had my 3 year old nephew to stay . so it was a bit chaotic tho i made him up stories everynite about defeating the evil dinosaurs lol ..
              been AF free for a few days tho i slipped a bit . but im not going to give up etc . deep inside theres jay the warrior who will in time spirit willing ,overcome
              love
              jay

Comment

dealing with problems

That`s the spirit !!!.........jay the warrior.

Glad your mum is home, and know you`ll look after her well. Just remember to look after yourself too, jay.

Both of you are in my prayers.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

dealing with problems

hi Jay, well done love, BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

dealing with problems

Good for you Jay...take care of you and your Mom. Glad she is home.

Comment

dealing with problems

not good news here mum had her new test results the cancer has spread she has to have the breast off and another op tueday and what with her heart condition and another major anesthetic so soon after the first .
                      its just a blow ..
                      ive been AF free i am being stong about it but bought some beers i just need to think

Comment

dealing with problems

So sorry to hear this news jay.
                        Praying for you and your mum.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

dealing with problems

di i seem selfish , been in the hosp everyday for mum. funny when she first went ill everyone came around now..... oh im too busy ill send a card .. i go because of UNCONTIONAL love . im not a mummys boy i have my independant life .... i spent the whole week trying to get after care from the social services . ring this no ring that no .. etc .
                          as for my drinking some days i do some days i dont buts its better than before asi keep to the gym bit of a catch22 i know but thats the way it is .
                          no one lives forever i know that and as we reach our 40s parents pass over .. i wont say die asi belive in eternal life . its not a romantic thing its just faith tho i dont adhere to any religion really .
                          sometimes im so tired i want to leave as well .... but thats not the way ..
                          well keep figthing the good fight as they say .
                          thanks starlight for yoursupport
                          love to betty, popeye too and everyone here
                          jay

Comment

dealing with problems

Oh Jay I am so so sorry to hear about your mum, give her a hug for me .....

You aren't selfish at all, You are being very strong over this and I am very proud of you ............... make sure that you look after yourself too though ................

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

dealing with problems

Hi Jay

It's so very hard to have an ill mom, like every one has said, probably the hardest thing ever.
                              So, being a mom myself, here is a big hug from me X

I hope my boys will love me as much when I am ill as you so obviously love your mom.

She's done a fine job.
                              So be good to yourself too, as someone wisely said in another thread, 'wagon didn't leave.'

magic xx :heart:
                              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                              I am in the next seat.
                              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

dealing with problems

:l "s to Jay from another mom..............
                                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                                X