Why do I want it so much today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there Pink. You were such an inspiration to me on your Napa trip. I know I could have not done as well as you did.

Keep us updated.

Michaela
    :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
    AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

I know what you mean about getting bored and lonely, thinking alcohol will soothe you.

I always felt like that but I feel I am changing. What has done it for me is realizing I can in fact handle loneliness. Ok, I would rather have something else but these feelings happen from time to time. I think when you use drinking as a crutch, you start to think that you actually are unable to do things on your own. But if you try, you actually can achieve it.

It helps me to view loneliness with no judgement attached. It's there, a lot of people experience it. It's not something that makes you some kind of freak. In fact, if you were superficial it might be a bit easier to enjoy any old company. also things change. life goes in cycles and things go up and down. And read some of the married people threads to find out about the misery of too much bad company!

Do you really think you can't handle loneliness and boredom without alcohol? Once you realize the true answer to this question, the alcohol loses its appeal somewhat, or at least the desperate psychological cravings start to wither.

I think loneliness is very painful, but if you look closely at it, a fair amount of the pain is the feeling that if you are lonely it is something to be ashamed of or that it means you are somehow unworthy. those things are false and once you realize that, the feelings become more bearable.

Comment

Nancy, you are right about loneliness. Drinking does nothing to fix it --- it just creates another problem to deal with...

I just wanted everyone to know that we can put this thread totally to bed. I made it through last night, and today I am fine and AF again tonight.

Have a good evening! ) Love Ya!

Comment

Pink Lady - YEA!!!!! Good on you! F x
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
          X