I guess I wanna know I'm not alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That movie you saw was Leaving Las Vegas with Nicholas Cage/Elisabeth Shue. It was a really good movie.

I wanted to say Welcome Mike! We all struggle to get going AF. Stick around and read as much as you can. You will eventually find the strength to start.

Maybe you can go and see your doctor so he can prescribe you something for withdrawals. The last thing you want to do is let alcohol eat your 'soul'.

Comment

What's AF?
      Mike...

Comment

alcohol free ;-)

Comment

OHq
          Mike...

Comment

that meant O.K... thanx..
            Mike...

Comment

It's really hard admitting to yourself you have a problem and you have done that. That's very brave. All change in life is frightening, changing alcohol addiction is even more frightening because there are lots of unwanted side effects - there's all the stuff you drank to get away from and lots of new stuff caused by the booze.

Make sure you get medical attention if you need it - most doctors are very understanding about alcohol problems (a lot of doctors, apparently, have alcohol problems). If you can, make sure someone is with you for the first few days when you're giving up alcohol.

This site is brilliant - I'm pretty new too and have found it an amazingly kind, supportive and fun place.

Take care
              uda

Comment

Hi Mike,

Just got into work and thought I'd sign on for a bit and see how everyone is doing before I start my day. How are you? Mike, try to figure things you like to do that might distract you from wanting to drink, a healthy way would be start working out. For me, my passion is running, in fact I am starting my training tonight for a bunch of running events that I "purposely" schedule for myself in next few months. My first will a couple of 10-K's this month, a couple of 1/2 marathons, working my way to up to the Los Angeles marathon and then I will take a little bit of a break and start all over again. I am not saying run a marathon, I just think that excerise has really helped me out ALOT, it might do the same for you. Trust me when I say that "if" you could try to get some AF days in, you will start to feel alot more better.

Stay strong and again PLEASE don't give up, there are alot of people, myself included that are here to support you.

I wish everyone an awesome holiday, as I will be enjoying are wonderful Los Angeles heat wave....wahoooooo!!! Stay strong and I will post you guys and gals later.

Big hugs :l
                Janet :h

Have a great weekend
                AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I'm a blacksmith... don't need to work out...I do that all day long... try swinging a 5k hammer 8 hours a day....If I could do my music that would be superb... but that's hard to do when the music industry is based on shit! I'm not really a boy band wannabe... I rather good music... but I guess that's a matter of taste... I want floyd back!!!!!!
                  Mike...

Comment

Hey Mike, You becha !!! Blacksmiths' earn their salt !! I have 2 horses that aren't shod, but even having the farrier over to trim their hooves breaks him into a sweat... And that is just my 2 horses... He does many many every single day... I hope that you are OK.. Keep posting and reading... You are not alone in this battle.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

well I don't do horse shose, but ya, we do break a sweat! kinda hard to weld when my hands are shaking like a leaf in a huricane though...
                      Mike...

Comment

that shaking will stop for sure ... get healthy, drink water, take supplements and read RJs book if you want ... the best thing is hanging around this web site ... it works like magic, a godsend really
                        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I hang... but I'm still drunk.. shame I know... I need someone to swing a hammer at myself!!! mabe a little pain would help...frinckin' drunk....
                          Mike...

Comment

Mike,

Why don't you go ahead and make a doctor's appointment? At least that would be a step in the right direction.

Find a caring and understanding doctor. There are many of them, you know, as a matter of fact there are lots of doctors who have/had drinking problems themselves. You know their lives are pretty stressful, too.

Also, another method you could choose, which is very very difficult to do, is to slowly ease off. There are actually a couple of people on this site who have done that to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

I does require an awful lot of commitment and discipline, though.

Basically you halve what you drink every couple of days until you are down to a small enough amount to quit completely without withdrawal. One of our members did that and has been sober over 90 days now.

Hang in there Mike!!!
                            Lots of love and concern,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

If I could do that i would... once I got some beer in me I want more.... went to the doc today and going for blood tests tomorow...kinda skared of what they have to say... but I guess I need to hear it...
                              Mike...

Comment

Mike love,

We all understand where you are .... Go get the tests,

Bu in the meantime, please try to cut down..... I have been where you are now, and it's not nice ........

Let us help you..........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X