• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

PS I cannot and will not drink again.

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

Echome, I'm so proud of you for what you are doing. I'm praying for your family and I am sending hugs to you ....

Keep posting, that way we still know that you are OK.

Love & Hugs, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

KEEP GOING ECHOME!!!XXX

STAY WITH IT
        I'm right there with you too like all the friends who have posted wonderful messages here for you. I'm only on Day 5 AF but it's a world away from Day 0.

You are doing this for yourself, first and foremost. BUT, if it helps to bring it home to you again, and in a moment's panic you find your strength wavering:
        think of your little stepson who is hurting badly and can't repair himself;
        do it for your wife whom you so obviously adore;
        do it for your daughters, the little one you want to cuddle, and your older daughter whose disappointment will be so hard to bear.
        Do this for you, but don't forget how much they love you, or how badly they need you, or how desperately they want the best you back, or how lonely they are for you..

None of me beeswax about telling your older daughter the truth, but here's my two cents' worth anyway - don't tell her? Why tell her something that will possibly throw her off HER course completely? Does she really need to know the extent of things between your wife and yourself? Won't it hurt her more, and possibly leave scars she may carry around for a long time after you are well? Will she be able to assimilate the news? I'm not saying 'lie', I'm just saying it might be an idea to consider, letting her live her life free of some of the anxiety, resentment, confusion, fury, etc, that telling her what you've done might engender in her? Could you maybe just tell her you have some difficult issues to work through and that you both love her very much and that you hope that you can work your way back to being together and being a great family?
        I'm an adult child of a (recovering) addict so this is what informs my opinions on this. I hope I won't get my knuckles rapped for saying it however

I'm praying for you all

B

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

Thank you phoenix. I think your correct she does not need the pain. Iam packing what little I can take and I will have to leave my home tonight. I dont know when I can talk to you guys again I will have to make time. My life is headed in a better direction I cant undo the past only make the future a better place for myself and my family. I hope and pray and beg and plead and take action so i have a chance my family will take me back. I love all of you for taking time to help someone you dont know. Good luck to all of you hope to here from you soon. OH crap iam crying again. ECHOME

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

OOOPPPS. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN IAM AN ALCOHOLIC AND AN ABUSIVE HUSBAND AND FATHER.

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

Echome

You are NOT an abusive husband and father.

You have become addicted to a poisonous drug that has affected your brain and personality, and because of that you have acted in an abusive way to your wife and children.

You are doing absolutely everything possible in your power to correct the situation. That is not an abusive husband or father.

I also agree with Pheonix, why tell your daughter something that she does not really need to know?
              She will obviously have an idea you drink too much, and will probably imagine your separation has something to do with that. You do not need to tell her the gory details.

Thinking of you, and sending you my very very best vibes.

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

Echome,
                I hope that wherever you go you find a way to check back in because this is a lifeline for you. You will need to work hard on repairing what has happened in the past with your family however you first need to work on you, which you are doing. I commend you for staying AF and I encourage you to continue so that you can be the father and husband that you want to be. Your children need a father that is supportive, loving and there for them. You are on your way.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

I agree with Phoenix, it is enough for her to know that you are going to get help for your alcohol abuse. If necessary, she can learn the rest in time. I am praying for you and family. Be as strong as you can!
                  ":welcome:"

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

Echome, you are taking some huge steps very quickly. You are taking steps that will save your life and the lives of those that you love. You now have time to focus on yourself and you need to focus getting well. Focus on sobriety and releasing the roots of your violent anger.......then and only then, can you step by step gain the trust of your wife and children.

Concentrate on today, more than that can be mind boggling at times. You can do it!!
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

Time to change your mantra Echome (we don't like negative statements here!)

How about:

I am a healthy, happy non drinker with close a loving family
                      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

O.K. How about DAY 5 AF. Iam not being negative just honest. I have lost my family my house my dignity and mybe my freedom. This is the reality of a blackout drunk. ECHOME. I cannot and willnot drink again.

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

ECHOME;197949 wrote: O.K. How about DAY 5 AF. Iam not being negative just honest. I have lost my family my house my dignity and mybe my freedom. This is the reality of a blackout drunk. ECHOME. I cannot and willnot drink again.
                          Echome,

The person that lost all the things you mentioned is gone.

The person you are NOW is someone 5 days sober with the burning desire to change all of that around.

And probably all you have to do is continue what you just did for the last 5 days!

Love

Satori
                          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

What you say and what you believe will become your reality. I know, I sound like a total wanker, but it's TRUE!

You are sober! You family DO love you! You are healthy!

You already have evidence of this!
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL

echo i know you are filled with shame. tis part of the process i'm afraid. will be awhile before that lifts and will maybe be what keeps you sober for now. so just try to be gentle on you. remember this process about learning to love yourself so that means ending the shame and finding a way to have peace. sending you peace of heart.
                              boots
                              :welcome:

Comment

Working...
                              X