Am So Depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am So Depressed

Hi DB2 and thanks. The depression and anxiety get overwhelming, and am too afraid to go to he doctor. Need to sleep, and cannot tolerate the verbal nonsense i go through, plus the avoidance is too much. but then again, i really do not feel like talking. have no clue what to do
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Am So Depressed

Dear Janka,

When I was going through my decision making on ending a 22 year marriage to a man that was extremely emotional abusive and controlling, I read a quote:

"Physical abuse injures the body, but, Emotional Abuse destroys the Soul"

Nearly 14 years later, divorced him 14 years ago.........I wonder why I stayed so long.

The fact is, he will not change. Any excuses made for an abuser, He's tired, frustrated, hungry, angry.....on and on. Is NO Excuse for habitual abuse, period.

I encourage you to take action, try to keep your head clear. Seek counseling, if you can. Make a decision, you have options. Separation, Divorce or more of the same.

Warm Wishes for you happiness,
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Am So Depressed

Hi Kate and thanks. I don't think he'll go after the kids, but that frightens me anyway, because i am a mess right now ... counseling has done nothing, have gone with him and without him. am in a rut right now
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Am So Depressed

Janka - This is a very rough road for you. Take it one day at a time. A couple of my divorced friends say when all the business of divorce is done it gets much easier and both say they love the calm in their lives now. No more having to anticipate his presence and what that brings. Take care.

Comment

Am So Depressed

Hi Corky, I hope so, can't take it at the moment
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Am So Depressed

Hi Janka,
              My husband sounds like your husband, except he is the drinker and I am the partner. I don't mean to pretend I understand what you are going thru, I only know what it is like to feel the freedom away from that sort of relationship. I agree with 'my own woman' entirely, but I do fear that he will use your 'addiction' against you with the children, and this might not go down well for you. I don't know, but perhaps you can look into this before you make any decisions? I sincerely hope you continue to be sober and see what sort of person you can really become. xx
              24 hours at a time, each day is an achievement...

Comment

Working...
              X