A LONG AND PAINFUL JEARNEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don`t understand, magic........what was his purpose in coming here then?........if no amount of therapy or sobriety will alter his behaviour.......why come here at all?........I took him as genuine

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Can't read your mind AFM.

m.
      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
      I am in the next seat.
      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I posted right before you did, thanks. Don't need to get snappy with me.... I didn't start all of this BS.

Comment

Sorry......all posted at same time AFM

Comment

oh bugger, im drunk again

Comment

I have held back from posting here as well...
              I believe, it's not for us to say in this case.
              It's up to a "Higher Court"...

I for one pray for justice....:h
              And I thank God for second chances...
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

No worries. I think we need to leave this to die now. It isn't helping anyone now.

Comment

KateH1;207209 wrote: First of all, I believe that it is extremely important that we "Speak Our Truth" that is, the truth that we believe.

With that being said, yes, I know that we are all problem drinkers, we have all said and done things while drinking that we are ashamed of. In order to live a sober life, we need to put the past in the past. The question is, do we need to atone for our drunken deeds? Yes, I believe we do.......many of us have done so and continue to do so. Do we deserve sympathy? I think not. Do we deserve empathy, absolutely, if we are being honest.

I admit it, I have "O" tolerance for abuse....."0". I have even more intollerance whe I see a perpetrator, who is self serving and manipulative.

If Echome is truly sorry for putting his wife in the hospital with a concussion....then he needs to be more concerned for his wife and children. Who is supporting them financially?

He needs to quit writing all of this "romantic BS" and stop calling his wife on the phone and writing these rediculous stories of their romantic conversations. She has a restraining order.......he needs to respect that. He needs to stop calllng her in order to gratify himself.
                  He needs to work two jobs, if that's what it takes to financially support his wife and children. He needs to provide his wife and children with the money for counseling, not to mention the means of support. He needs to be more concerned about them than he is for himself. He needs to get off the pity pott and be a man.
                  Has he mentioned, even once, what affect his violence has had on these young children? Nope! It is all about him, and how he misses his kids. Pay attention and get a clue people!

Does he reach out to anyone else here? Reach out without seeking pity for himself?

Look at the threads that he has started on behalf of himself over the past three weeks! Six threads........all about himself.

I say, Echome....work or your sobriety.......work on your anger. Support your family financially. Reach out to others that are suffering and most of all, stop looking for self gratification. Yes.....you lurk here everyday.......Grow up and be a man, a father and a husband......support your family through this horrible time. Leave your wife alone, unless she contacts you. Give here a chance to heal....
                  KateH
                  I agree with your post kateH. I hope echome is reading this. I wish you strengh
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Neither did I. I just snap back.
                    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                    I am in the next seat.
                    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I agree that we should let this thread go, but I also think that some of the comments made here are legitimate. especially what magic and barbiebootcamp have posted as well as the support towards echome from everyone else.
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I totally agree with everyone here on this thread, every single person -- no one's thoughts or opinions are invalid.

But lets remember that we are a forum designed for alcoholics. ;-) Drinking is our specialty not domestic abuse.

Ok, die now thread. (yeah, I know.... I posted again and it will bump to the top, but I will not post again).

ps. magic, sorry for getting snappy back at you.

Comment

I'm usually trying to get rid of these threads ..........

But this time my fingers are taking over my brain ..........

A new member asked for our support, we promised nonjudgemental support ..........

Then we ripped him to shreds ......... Hope that you are all proud of yourselves ......

I am utterly disgusted with this attack on someone asking for help ........

For the older members here that know me, you will appreciate how strong I feel about this to actually post here .........
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

I really need to explain my recent post ..........

I've just had a pm from a member that I admire and adore ..........

You know who you are, you were here when I joined last year and I thought that you were scary but now I love you ......

Anyway apparently my posts have been misunderstood ...........

Bluebell, flip, Afm, Tawny, I am actually agreeing with you, so so sorry if I was misunderstood ............... I've pm'd echome .......

Sorry guys ........

BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Oh God, Why am I here again?

I let the esmerelda thread go and that Idiot Wind character go... and he called us all downers.

I would like to explain my last post. I think by gender bias, I mean that people are assuming he is this type of abuser they see in shelters or have seen in their own lives. We don't have any evidence about that. Just assumptions. I think if a woman came on here and said she had abused her husband physically while drunk (and many do) she would get more sympathy.

I think there is a certain mindset for violence while sober and it seems that some of you are thinking that is what his problem is. you don't know that though. Some people are very nice and caring while sober and don't have violent tendencies, but they drink and their emotional distress turns physical. I am not saying it is right, I am saying this can be part of alcoholism.

I don't like to see ANYONE ripped to shreds on boards, especially not a newcomer. What is the point of that? No, no one can take repsonsibility for driving someone to drink, that is ridiculous. But they can take credit for helping someone who has lost everything and has been violent.

Remember when someone posted about drinking while pregnant and she got lambasted by a nurse? Well the nurse was right but her delivery was WRONG. The pregnant woman cried her eyes out and got the opposite kind of support as a result: "oh it's ok, you are fine! etc." Criticism needs to be constructive and in my opinion, should be done in private!

We also need to find a balance between our typical attitude that everything is ok and ripping people apart. this is my last post on this subject and I will let this thread die.

Let's all make up!

Comment

Aw..it's OK Nancy.. I really do not think he was ripped apart here. Yes, alcoholism is complex & customized to the person. Someday it will be simple & genetic with a treatment , I hope. If Echome was sincere he will come back.

Oh BB...you are too loving & that is OK. I don't remember or if it is even a a code that "we" (MWO) promise unconditional support".

I really do however believe that most members here, as loving as they are, do not and cannot, may not ever understand the intricasies of addiction (any kind) that involve mind manipulation.

I only know some of it, because a life in my family was involved..when it comes to life & death...it becomes crucial to learn.

Oh poop I am sorry I even said that.

Comment

Working...
                                X