A LONG AND PAINFUL JEARNEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey echome, unfortunately we are in a similar situation. I went on this site about a month ago to help with, as my fiance put it, the monster I become when I get drunk. I have been verbally abusive with her since we have been together everytime I drank. I stopped for a few days and everything was fine. Well, I drank again and once again the monster appeared. Now she won't see me or talk to me, and states that she is at an emotional impasse. I begged and implored her for one more chance, but it doesn't appear likely. I will not drink again because I know the monster I become, and on top of it, I have lost the most beautiful woman that walked the earth. I hope that we both become better men, and that it isn't too late for either of us. good luck, I wish you well

Comment

So glad that there is someone there with a similar situation. I was hoping there was someone there yesterday. lets hope you can both support each other! good luck.

Love

Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

It starts with a push

Bootcamp is right, it is rarely the case that an individual who commits such a violent act has not ever been abusive before. It always starts with a push, or threat of violence, or using an object (out of anger) and saying that wasn't meant that way- it was harmless, or throwing something and saying that it wasn't meant to be thrown your direction.

This time it landed the victim in an emergency room. It doesn't get more serious than that. That is definitely an eye opener, and unfortunately not for everyone.

I agree with supporting echome along his journey of sobriety. Alcohol magnifies feelings by 1000 and for those with anger issues and difficulty controlling temper....well that is another set of problems one that hopefully will be addressed after sobriety is achieved or along the way to achieving it (otherwise it might not be achieved).

It's ok for those who are deeply hurt by echome for having seriously harmed his wife to express in a rational and matter of fact way that what he did was in no way excusable. It's even more important that alcohol not be solely responsible for that act (just one of the major factors).

Part of becoming AF is learning to take full responsibility for ones actions. At some point making amends to those that have been harmed not just while drinking, but along the road to recovery and for the rest of ones life. We are all human and all make mistakes. Do we learn how not to make them again or do we just make excuses. That is the difference between healthy and unhealthy behavior. Unhealthy behavior leads to relapse.

Echome needs help and support, not coddling or attacks. A very serious support system for a very serious problem.

Just an opinion based on education and alot of up close and personal experience.

Take care everyone and thank you for listening.:thanks:

Comment

x

B

Comment

echome....as Winston Churchill said..when your going through hell ,keep going! Good luck to you mate and keep your goals in mind.

Comment

Echome
              You cannot change the past - you can only do right by today. We are very proud of you = keep on going, my friend!
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
              X