FinneganBeginnegan...Valium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey you. i wouldnt take valium for more than a week or two, im not positive of how long it takes to get somewhat addicted to it. if ur taking it daily, then dont do it for more than a week or two. but other than that, once an awhile is fine. you wont have problems in that way.

Comment

Hey there,

I've just been in hospital changing my bipolar meds (again - groan!) and there were quite a few people there who were being treated with valium to give up their drinking. It's a good short term detox solution, and I dunno if this is a good time to come off it cause the withdrawal can be pretty horrid - even if you come off gradually (speaking from my personal experience). You may want to talk to your doc about doing one thing at a time. The valium is not your first health concern, the drinking is. Talk to your doctor...best thing you can do.

Good luck

Cashy
      xx
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Cashy,

I am so sorry to hear you are having to redo meds. I know you were so happy the results of finding good ones for your bipolar.

Hope it all gets straightened out and you feel better soon!!

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello Fickle,

I'm taking Lerazapam.....it helped me each time I detoxed. It's a little less addictive if you use it as directed. Hope your doing okay and you know we are all here to help. I new here but I feel like part of a (supportive) family. Anything you need just e-mail or post and I'll try to be here for you.

Keep going strong

Peace

Buddha27

Comment

Back on my Horse...

Thank you all so much for your support. I went quiet for a bit - combination of feeling frustrated (& self disgusted) with my see-saw fickle self where I would wake up each morning full of resolve and dissolve into a puddle of weakness come dinnertime.. and the need to give myself space and allow myself time to 'regroup' so to speak the energy for that resolve to try again properly.

Also I had to take seriously the very real danger of sliding into that trap of 'half' giving up with valium and ending up with double trouble as others above warned me. I felt if I was not quite ready and tried to use valium to give up but had a glass or two on the side that would lead me into dangerous waters. I spent a little time talking offline with some of you others (you know who you are) and am eternally grateful that you shared your experience with me.

So here I am, day 8 AF and feeling ok. I get a bit wobbly in the evenings because that is my most difficult time. I did do the detox using valium over 5 days, slowly reducing it and it helped me sleep without sweats & spider dreams etc (some of you will know what I mean). But am happily A & V free now on day 3.

By the way, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I do not think I could have done this without the help of some of Roberta's supps. I still had various amino acids sitting in my cupboard from last time I tried & failed. I felt they instantly gave me something I was missing, restored my mental balance & helped me out of my depression & weakness. The other thing that helped a lot was some Deepak Chopra stuff I stumbled upon.

Many, many, thanks all! :l
            :h Love Fickle

Comment

Working...
            X