I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Thanks Kathy - I did the ice for bit, but haven't taken ibuprofen. I'm goign to get some right now.....

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

wonder, tell yourself the truth.........you want that drink badly, but you do not NEED it.

This is the time that you have to show yourself some tough self-love..........you are so worth a life free of booze.

In a few days, you`ll find it hard to believe you were ever in your current craving state.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Wonderworld

Aleve will definately help that ankle.

Do you like baths? If so take a nice hot bath (keeping the ankle out of the tub) grab some hot tea (chamomile works nicely) and just soak. Close your eyes and imagine the water enveloping you in a cocoon of safety where alcohol can't reach. Take your time and really focus on that thought. If you have some scented candles get those going as well. Its hard but you can do this!
        Suddenly I see
        This is what I want to be
        suddenly I see
        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

prescription strength ibuprofen is 600-800mg, if you store bought tabs are 200mg you can dose up accordingly 3-4 tabs every 4-6 hours. not for more than a few days though.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

I couldn't find the ibuprofen unfortunately (it has a slight sedative effect on me), but I took an alieve and just gobbled down a couple more calms forte and GABA's. It's funny, I even feel a little hot flush in my face. Maybe this is more of a physical/withdrawal thing than I thought. Breathing, breathing, breathing......

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

and thinking of where the ibuprofen might be. I'm not going out to buy it cuz i know where i'll end up - not the pharmacy.
              And the stinking thoughts I'm having - always the hardest in the first few days - 'it's only been 3 days - so what if you start again tomorrow'. so ridiculous.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Hang in there Wonderworld,
                You dont have to stop thinking about drinking you just have to stop drinking
                There is another really helpful site that helped me very much at the beginning...
                You can click on the Recover now tab and explore or use some of these links...

Rational Recovery from alcoholism, drug addiction, addiction treatment, recovery group disorder, non AA, non 12-step, cocaine, herion, sex addiction

Rational Recovery Center - The Internet Center for Self-Recovery

Rational Recovery from alcoholism, drug addiction, non AA, crank, meth

Hope this helps for the meantime and the best of luck to you..its hard but its worth it
                Victoria xxooxx

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

thanks victoria. talking to you guys and guzzling water, and now a diet coke, I'm starting to calm down a little. Lorelei - that bath sounds lovely but I can't walk upstairs right now. The description was very calming though! still breathing, breathing, praying for strength and the return of my sanity.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

wonder, this too shall pass. From my experience, day 3 was the most difficult. Day 4 was pretty tough as well, but ultimately not giving in was a huge success for me! Each success comes with reward, and with that builds strength and resolve.

There will be those 'tough' days without a doubt. Do whatever it takes not to give in. It does get easier in time. Your mind will eventually start to hate what the alcohol has done to you..... Robbed you of life, health, etc...

One thing I found EXTREMELY important is to eat a lot of small meals during the day. It has been said that chronic drinkers are a lot like people with hypoglycemia when they quit. The sugar levels are all bonkers in your system. Fuel your body with whole grains, protein, veggies, etc.... I swear, eating often, but healthy really did the trick for me to over come the worse of the cravings the first few weeks. Your blood sugars will stabilize, your physical withdrawal will ease, and then it will be the mental fight. But know, the more you take care of you, the less you will feel compelled to drink after all the hard work invested!

Trust me! Drink lots of water as well.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

thanks accountable. Good to know that your experience of day 3 was similar. Makes me feel less crazy. I feel like you guys are really rescuing me. seriously.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

oh, and yeah - I was sure to eat healthy today. Had some nce broccoli and brown rice a little while ago. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm thinking a glass of milk might help. Never drink it except in coffee, but it's calling me......

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Milk is good -- maybe warm it up a bit. It will soothe your nerves a bit and relax you.

Just remember this will pass, and you are doing great!

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

the milk tasted good. I'm calming down. It's 6:07 pm here right now. That means in just a couple of hours I can go to bed (sober) and wake up tomorrow with another day behind me. reasons not to drink:

1) when i drink my life goes completely to hell
                            2) when I drink I risk EVERYTHING
                            3) I gained about 15 lbs. in a month from drinking
                            4) I love the feeling of being clear-headed and positive about life, which only happens when I'm sober
                            5) I'm worth it. my life is worth it

and theres' so much more........

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

okay - 6:21 and I think I'm gonna be okay. That was a really close call. Thank you everyone for your help. SO much.......

:h :h :h :h
                              Beth

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

I expect to see you back here all bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed tomorrow ;-)

You did great and rode through it. I am very proud (and I am not being condescending) of you! A lot of people give up after the first real tough craving and you made it through like a champ!

Comment

Working...
                                X