I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Good Job Beth! Day 3 was the hardest for me. Tommorrow will be better. Every day from now on will be better. Get through this 1 time, you never want to do this again. Make a vow to yourself. Tell "The Beast" you are in charge now, not him.
    You've done a great job getting to this point, don't blow it now. We're all behind you.

Don

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Thanks AFM- I'm ready to get in bed now. I feel exhausted and so relieved.
      Thanks again for the help, and yes, I'll see you tomorrow.......

Beth

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Congratulations Wonderworld!! We all knew you could do it!!
        Suddenly I see
        This is what I want to be
        suddenly I see
        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Wonder, great job making it through Day 3. Have a great night.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Hi Wonder- just seeing this thread now so sorry I wasn't here to help but so glad others were and that you got thru it. Hope you are in bed now and I know you will feel stronger and better in the morning.
            Sleep well-
            Lisa

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

WONDERWORLD,
              3 days AF and your thinking of screwing that up? Dont do it. I know you hurt your ankle,but take some Ibuprophen for that instead of booze. 3 days is ALOT of time to be AF and your mind/body/soul are just ''now'' starting to overcome the distress of the booze you drank in the past.Why screw this up?You'll FEEL so much better in the morning if you do like we say and dont give into AL.

Close your eyes,imagine the most beautilful waterfalls, slowly take a DEEP breath, slowly let it out----now ''relax'' to the enjoyment of the waterfalls.Dont allow anything to come between you and the veiw of the beautiful waterfalls.

Bill

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Wonder, if you have not taken it before you might want to try the Kudzu sold here. It really works, esp., when taken with a little L-glutamine.

Great job making it through!!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Hi Beth.....how are you doing? How is that ankle??

Today will be a better day for you! :h

Suze x
                  Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Good morning!!!! First, let me say that the FULL CAVALRY of help I got last night is nothing short of astonishing. You ALL saved my A** !!!!!!!!!! If I hadn't reached out here, I WOULD have taken a drink, this I know for sure. I love you all and can't begin to say how grateful I am.

My ankle is a mess!!! It's very painful and really hard to walk on. I know there's a big bottle of ibuprofen somewhere in this house, but I can't find it. I took some tylenol (not as good for a sprain, I know) a little while ago, and I'm going to call a friend to bring me ibuprofen later (it's only 6:22 am here). What a time to get wounded!

Okay. So it's Day 4 AF. Thank God. It's amazing that anyone like me ever gets through these early days. The combination of craving, guilt and terror is a B*&%#! And that old stinking-thinking cycle of "I feel so bad that I drank, so I want to drink to forget it" is really tough.

Looking forward to spending the day here with all of you. You're THE BEST!!!

Much luv,:h :h

Beth xoxoxo

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Good morning Beth and welcome to Day 4! Like Lushy said the Kudzu is great and even sprinkling some Lglut under your tongue does wonders for those nasty cravings!
                      Good luck!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Thanks Beaches - I'm waiting for the Kudzu to come in the mail - can't wait to try it.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Beth, maybe you need to go to the doc and get an xray on your ankle. I hope it feels better soon. Good job on hanging in there last night and not letting the drink get the better of you.
                          Marcie

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Well done, Beth.
                            Tough at the time, but you proved you`re tougher!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Hi Memarcie - I was thinking about that too (xray). But despite the throbbing pain it doesn't look too swollen or messed up. I'm almost certain it's just a bad sprain - also from the way it happened - just stepped on a rock and twisted it. I think it'll be okay - just a huge annoyance. But if it gets any worse I'll go ......
                              B.

Comment

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK

Hi Beth-

I just caught this thread now...wish I had seen it last night to be one of the "calvery" to help you through...but YOU MADE IT!!! It was not very long ago that I was on day 3 (about a month) and I remember needing the strength of the others here to get me through that awful craving!!! Each one from here on in will be a little easier...just keep on fighting them...you won't believe how quickly it eases up from here on in!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

OH, by the way...I love your name!! lol

With love,

Beth!
                                formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                                X