Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not really ?

oh Teardrop!

So glad you posted. I was worried about you. and still am. Can you get yourself somewhere safe where people can look after you? Something like a detox? The deadly horrible thing about alcohol is that we drink to feel better, or at least numb out, and the depressive effects of the alcohol and remorse afterwards just keep piling up and the spiral just keeps going down. and then we drink more to try to forget. And when you start to acknowledge that the drinking is killing you (as you are doing on this board), it's so scary, because it also feels like you can't live without it.
    So where do you go from here? If I were you I would say "uncle". You sound so weak and sad from the drink, let somebody REALLY help you. We all have times when we need to be carried and you're just as deserving as anyone else.

Stay close and big hugs-

luv, Beth

Comment

not really ?

Teardrop

I was very glad to see your post this morning....we were worried about you last night.

Painful things will arise when you stop drinking, they are probably the reason you started drinking so much to start with. It can be very overwhelming at times and as much as you try you can't deal with them piecemeal. Just remember we are here and we will help.

Remember to drink lots of water today!

-lorelei
      Suddenly I see
      This is what I want to be
      suddenly I see
      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

not really ?

I am going to make that appointment with the doctors today, if need be go to AA.

Many Thanks.x
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

not really ?

Thank you i have been drinkin water am going to get some more.

love Teardrop.x

Comment

not really ?

That's great Teardrop. Really.
            Have you been to A.A. before? If not, I could share some strategies for taking it slow there, not getting bombarded and keeping some privacy, if you want. I understand why alot of people hate going, and have some figured out some ways to be there a little more comfortably.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

luv, Beth

Comment

not really ?

You will get well Teardrop, but part of letting go of the alcohol is letting go of all the hurt we hold inside.........if you don`t address the hurt, it`ll only fester.

There are lots of people you can talk to, like all the members here who have been where you are, your doc and a counsellor.

It`s not just about a quest for sobriety........it`s about healing ourselves and addressing all the things in our past lives which led us to drink.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

not really ?

Starlight Impress;210475 wrote: You will get well Teardrop, but part of letting go of the alcohol is letting go of all the hurt we hold inside.........if you don`t address the hurt, it`ll only fester.x
                This is so true.

I understand that when you first start things can be very ovewhelming. As time goes you'll deal with what you can when you can and the emotional burdens begin to lighten. Of course you can only really deal with things when you are sober, so the more often you are sober the more opportunity you have for healing. Remember it will take time to tip the balance in your favor, in the mean time take the best care possible of yourself.

-lorelei
                Suddenly I see
                This is what I want to be
                suddenly I see
                Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

not really ?

Glad you checked in Teardrop. I was thinking about how much you were hurting last night.

I am very happy you are going to check in with your doctor. This will get better once you stop drinking. Like Starlight said, it isn't only a quest for sobriety but it is also about healing.

Keep talking to us! We will be here for you.

Comment

not really ?

Thanks Guys, i have not been to AA, the thought does frightened me. Its different when your on the p.c because people cant really see how sad you really look. i know i really need to be healed and also need to faces up to things.

LOVE.
                    Teardrop.

Comment

not really ?

Hope everything goes well at the doc Teardrop. And if you decide to go to an A.A. meeting feel free to PM me for some "tips". I know it's not for everybody and maybe not too popular on this board, but it can be a help when things are rough.

Lots of love :h ,
                      Beth

Comment

not really ?

Teardrop you deserve a hug. be kind to yourself. If it's tough to express yourself and really let go of all the pain, do it in little steps.
                        going to a councellor is helpful you will heal.

take care

Trix
                        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

not really ?

Teardrop, next time come here and talk before you drink. It helps keep you distracted so that you stay away from the booze. Chat is a good thing!
                          Marcie

Comment

not really ?

memarcia,
                            in furture i will take that one on board, i will make sure am sober. You know i never seem to make sense when ive had too much. iam going AA tonight first time.
                            Thanks
                            Teardrop.x

Comment

not really ?

Hi Teardrop-

You're a brave girl and we're all with you!!

Lots of love and a big hug :h :h :h

Beth xox

Comment

not really ?

Best of luck Teardrop.
                                Stick with it and you will get well.
                                Love Paula.

Comment

Working...
                                X