not really ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not really ?

Hope you find the AA meeting of help to you, Teardrop.
    Check back in later and let us know how you got on, if you can.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

not really ?

Hi star and everyone,
      AA meeting all the people were really nice, but trust me to have the person sitting next to me was a bit O.T.T. suggested that i should go to AA meetings 2-3times a week.(talk about put you off) EVERYONE that told there story refer to the 12steps which some of it i think, or all of it is the reglious side. I have been brought up as a cathloic but find it a bit too much. Actually except for one man that said he does not want to and is not ready to do the 12steps and has been going quiet a while. ( i did like how he spoke the truth) the main think is, he is not drinking. The main lady that was on the chair told her story (was very nice) she gave me her phone 'no' ask for mine Not ready to give out my phone'no'. The way I understood is getting a sponsor is someone that helps you through the 12steps. But i suppose that is there program.
      Anyway i will keepon going and just see how it goes, still early days.
      Iknow the weather where iam is going to be nice the weekend, so i might do some exercise maybe running or get that bike out the shed, probably full of cobwebs.
      Love
      Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

not really ?

Hi teardrop keep us posted on your progress wishing you well
        trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

not really ?

Hi Teardrop,
          Just play it by ear with the AA.........go along to a few meetings to get the feel of it. I understand you not wanting to get involved with the "pushy" types, but through time, you may find others who are a bit more relaxed about the whole thing, like the guy who stated that he isn`t ready to do the 12 Steps. That`s what I really love about M.W.O. though.......people give us advice if we ask, but there is noone shoving their personal opinions down our throats.

Nope!!!!........A.A. would never work for me due to me having my own personal interpretation of religion and one over-active big gob!!! lol
          I do however think anyone who can relate to AA should give it their best shot.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

not really ?

me too AA not for me, but If anything helps give it a shot. Won't lose anything by going and learning if it's for you or not. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
            X