Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to stop

Tootsie,

It is all about the baby steps isn't it? I made it through yesterday AF so that is another day 1 for me. Every one is a milestone. It is encouraging to me to read the other posts that this crazy thing does take time to beat - but it can be beat. This site has been a lifesaver for me since I found it in August. I don't know why but sometimes just finding the courage to say enough is enough is hard - and I suppose maybe because that means you have to follow it up with action. And put the bottle or whatever away.. we can live without it, but it sure as hell does not seem like it sometimes does it?

Have a good day, Tootsie. Take care of yourself.

Leebo
    "I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, happy, and prosperous. I am healthy and wise and open to an even greater good. I approve of myself."

Fall seven times, stand up eight. -Japanese proverb

Comment

Ready to stop

Leebo, thanks again for your encouragement. After reading some of these posts I'm hopeful that I might actually beat this even if it takes a few attempts. Chief's comment that he was on the site for 4 months before it actually took really gives me pause to hope. I found this site less than a month ago. Congratulations on making it through yesterday AF.

Comment

Ready to stop

Leebo, I saw on another thread that you are taking a low dose of topamax. Do you think it helps? I have the supplements and have been taking them but they don't seem to help much with the cravings. Any advice from people using topamax would be appreciated.

Comment

Ready to stop

tootsie: my mood stamp is exactly what you think it is. Besides the bitchy one that is offered, the rest seem too mellow for me. :H

Comment

Ready to stop

it's not easy to admit a drinking problem (you are brave) it's not easy to take the initiative to beat it (you are strong). work your way to being healthy step by step. we all fall down and have to get up and do it all over again.
            be kind to yourself.
            We are here for support, we all learn from each other, that is the reason I keep coming back to MWO :welcome:
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Ready to stop

Accountable, thanks for confirming. I like it. I might have to do bitchy.

Trixietrack, thank you for the encouragement and kind words. The support on this site is humbling.

Comment

Ready to stop

not failing

Hi Tootsie,
                I'm very new here too and not started my program yet. But after spending a lot of time here reading peoples comments and realizing what a great place this is, i feel so much more positive.
                I've made up my mind that next week, 1st of november will be my starting day for 30 days AF. I will do my best to succeed, but i know i will get all the support needed should it be a rocky ride.
                Plese keep yourself positive, we all have or have had the same problem. And with the supplements, topa, cd's and most of all the support from all these wonderful people here, you will succeed sooner or later.
                Best wishes,
                Finski :l

Comment

Ready to stop

Hi Finski,
                  I hope I get my topamax within the next week and I plan on going AF the moment I do. I have everything I need. I reading the book today and I will listen to the CD as soon as I'm done the book. Beating this thing is quickly becoming the focus of my life. Best wishes on going AF on November 1st. I'll be looking for your posts.

Comment

Ready to stop

Hi Tootsie,

I believe the topa has helped me.. I drank what I consider a considerable amount almost every day - after work any where from 6-10 beer and up to an 18-pack + on a day I was not working. And heaven forbid I throw in a couple of other alcoholic drinks.. (but did).. so even though on days I have drank.. I have not had but 2 days since I started that I have been upset at myself for the amount I drank. Mostly it has been only a couple or even if it was more it was over the course of a day that used to be 12-18 (not a drunken fest).. and I do believe the topa helps and I have been fortunate to have minimal side effects. I also take the other supps, including kudzu and l-glut.

And you are right - it definately takes focus. And finski, maybe I can join you for 30 days AF Nov. 1

Leebo
                    "I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, happy, and prosperous. I am healthy and wise and open to an even greater good. I approve of myself."

Fall seven times, stand up eight. -Japanese proverb

Comment

Ready to stop

Thanks, Leebo. I will try to go AF in November with you and Finski. I'm going away that weekend to a conference so hopefully it will be a good start for me. I need to do this for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X