Binge Drank First 3 weeks of Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you do come back here, I just wanted to reaffirm what all here have said. I did drink, fairly heavily, until finding out I was pg, around 5 weeks into pregnancy. Was good after that. Beautiful babies. BUT, right back to the bottle after birth. Pls make a plan to avoid that. But do enjoy this time of good health, looking after yourself. And don't worry too much. Just be good to yourself and the baby. Also after birth.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Feeling Bad! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I have never been pregnant, but have heard a lot of stories similiar to your's. From here on in it's time to take care of your health not only for your sake, but for the baby who you've been trying to have. We are happy you found this board too! Everyone is here for you the next 8 months and thereafter. Keep us posted. - Reenie
      September 23, 2011

Comment

Feeling bad - I just want to tell you to chill out, girl!!!!! EVerything about your pregnancy is going to make you feel guilty!! Just give it up and control the things you can - diet, sleep, stress and just loving that little baby. Forget about what you've done, it's over and you haven't done more than a few million women before you that have fine babies. I drank early on in my pregnancy and I have 3 teens that scored high on their SAT's and are great kids. You just eat right, sleep and sing songs to that little one...

Comment

I too drank heavily until I realized i was pregnant...about 4 strong mixed drinks a night. I had NO idea I might be pregnant as I too was VERY irregular. I was freaked out as well. I had been told that the first few weeks, the embryo has not yet attached itself and therefore is not getting what the mother ingests, so it does not effect the baby? Something like that...I don't remember anymore, but I did bring it up to my doc. at the time because I was so scared. Anyway, that was 16 years ago, and my child is perfect! (well, he can be a teen of course lol) but he is just great. Very smart, no problems....I of course stopped immediately and did everthing else right, but worried sick for nothing.

Congratulations to you!!
          formerly known as bak310

Comment

Hi Feeling Bad, I will still share my whole story some time in the future but on your fear just this: I drank as much as you over both my pregnancies and full term!!!!!! but God knew how weak and what an emotional cripple I was and miraculously my son is now at first year university doing a BSc in Applied mathematics and doing extremely well and my daughter in grade 11 most times reaches top 10 (and only once top 20) in a VERY prestigious school.
            Relax, look after your health and nutrition and be good.
            x Jessie
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

"I saw you before you were formed in your mothers womb" Ps 139
              Your child will be ok......
              :l Nancy "Belle"
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi,

A friend of mine drank consistantly through the first 3 month of her pregnancy - I mean from the moment she got up till the moment she went to bed - she tried not to after she found out she was preganat but still drank. She has a happy healthy toddler now. The medical profession come down hard on drinking in pregnancy - but just don't feel guilty, what's done is done, pump yourslef full of folate and hope that all will be well - stress can harm your baby too remember, so best to just get on with your pregnancy in a healthy fashion and enjoy it.

Love Cashy
                xx
                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Hello Fb, I just read your post. Stop worrying!!!!!!! Easier said than done eh?! I am 32 weeks pregnant and I binged terribly just before I fouud out I was pregnant. I was feeling very morose and downed a concoction of whiskey, gin and wine....nice ! I'm an alcoholic but I managed to stop after I got the news. Please chill. Your baby will be fine. I have had 6 scans so far and all is well. Good luck to you. Bella xxx

Comment

Hi There,
                    In Feb this year I was feeling sick and thought it was due to drinking too much everyday, then I realised I was expecting my fourth child. I cut down enormously but never managed to stop completly. My daughter was born on Oct. 5th as is fine, as are my other 3 kids. When I was expecting my first the Dr told me drinking in moderation was OK. Nowadays they say no alcohol at all to be on the safe side. Whilst my kids are fine I guess I'll always wonder if they could have been better had I not drank.
                    Do the best you can from now on plenty of good food, water and vitamins. Most of all don't worry you're little one will be fine. Keep coming back here, this site really helped me at the start, it was so nice to have people who understood.
                    Suz
                    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Wow! I have never been on a Web site more supportive then this one! And I have surfed a lot of sites in my day! Everyone jumped in with answers so quickly even though I :new:
                      This weekend was so much better then the last one as I did not worry the whole time. This is thanks to you lovely ladies!
                      I think I have found a place to stay as I know I will be right back where I started if I don't adjust myself over the next months.
                      Thank you again! :l

Comment

Hey Feeling Bad...

By the way, I hope you are feeling great!

I too drank while pregnant, but for ME, it was at the end... LOL! I was too sick in the beginning to hold down even water or coffee, much less food and wine was the LAST thing on my mind. I was always grateful for that. But towards the end, I was miserable with my back hurting, feeling like I had a basketball duct taped to my stomach all the time.. I just broke down and started having a few glasses. I worried sick about what I was doing, but I did stop at two glasses when I did drink. My children are all fine and healthy... one in college, one about to graduate this year and tops in her class, and the other scored highest on the state test they give to his grade level. I am NOT promoting drinking while pregnant... please hear that. On the contrary, it can be very dangerous. Stress is also very harmful to your little one, so do not substitute stress to your child instead of alcohol. Instead... READ great stuff... listen to some inspiring music.. it will transform the both of you. My point is --- what is done is done. And do not stress about it. That is the same damage. Just make a positive plan and start living it for you and your baby.

Allie
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Feeling,

I didn't drink a drop during either of my 2 pregnancies and got one easy easy kid and one wild and crazy hellion that has been a challenge every step of the way. I can tell you when I was pregnant with the "hellion" :H I was under extreme stress. Do you hear that??? STRESS...so stop worrying. Anything can happen (whether you had some alcohol or not) but fretting and worrying is not going to help.

I think your baby will be just fine as long as you stop drinking now. Stop beating yourself up my dear. When my Mother had me she drank.....I'm normal, kinda

Congrats!! Eat well, be well, rest lots and I hope you have a glorious pregnancy :l

Luvya,

Myheart
                          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                          - George Jackson

Comment

Hi

the main thing is - stop drinking now! Congrats on your pregnancy, you will be fine.

I did exactly the same thing, got wasted, got pregnant, worried! I have twins. The bad thing is they are disabled and it took a lot of counselling before I accepted my early drinking (before I found out I was pregnant) was not the cause of their disabilities. It's just one of those things. I didn't touch a drop from week 4 of the pregnancy.

I am sure you and your baby will be fine. Relax, enjoy and cherish your pregnancy.

Bibby

Comment

[QUOTE=Bibby;217999]Hi

the main thing is - stop drinking now! Congrats on your pregnancy, you will be fine.

I did exactly the same thing, got wasted, got pregnant, worried! I have twins. The bad thing is they are disabled and it took a lot of counselling before I accepted my early drinking (before I found out I was pregnant) was not the cause of their disabilities. These things sometimes happen, it was easy to blame the drinking but it turned out to be a genetic/inherited. It's just one of those things. I didn't touch a drop from week 4 of the pregnancy.

I am sure you and your baby will be fine. Relax, enjoy and cherish your pregnancy.

Bibby

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                                I am so thankful for the steady replies to my original post. It is becoming more and more reassuring each day that things may just be ok. :thanks:
                                I have my second ultrasound tomorrow. This will be 2 weeks from when I found out I was pregnant. I am hoping to feel even better after this tomorrow.
                                On Monday, I will post the results. Since it is still so early (5 weeks post conception/7 weeks pregnant), I am still in that risky first trimester zone. However, I have been very bloated, tired, etc.. I am on the thin side and am known as an avid exerciser/fitness buff in my office and I have noticed people staring at my belly because it is not what it normally is! I've had to start wearing looser clothing. Not at all like me. I think people are getting suspicious! :H
                                Anyway, I will jump back in here Monday with good news or bad as you all have been such a support to me in so short a time. What a welcoming board. Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X