Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binge Drank First 3 weeks of Pregnancy

Just as lost as ever

So, i'm back from a long absence on this site... I never fully quit drinking and gradually ended up only a little better than where I started.
    Ironically I'm back for the same reason of this post. I'm trying really hard to quit drinking entirely now being pregnant but I worry if the anxiety of and the withdraws of just quitting cold turkey is worse than maintaining with a beer or two until I can see a doctor. I still have no insurance and no appointment until June 7th.
    After 6 years with my boyfriend I assumed I, like my sister simply couldn't have a baby. So this is a lot of unanticipated stress. and very unplanned

Thank you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm lost, I've gone to look for myself, so if I get back before I return, Please ask me to wait.

Comment

Thank you ladies! Reading your responses has brought me relief. I'm feeling a little better than Friday but I'm continuing to worry. My aging u/s was moved to Wednesday so I'm anxiously awaiting the results on the. One recent study that has brought me (some) relief is that the risk for FAS is greatest during the 7th-12th week of pregnancy. I'm looking for anything that will lessen my fears, while continuing to google image searches for fetal alcohol syndrome- glutton for punishment, I know. I'm just praying that everything will be okay with my baby.

Comment

So, I had my aging u/s yesterday and found out I'm only 6w5d!! I couldn't be happier and more importantly RELIEVED! I know there's an error of a few days either way but that still wouldn't put me over 8 weeks! The tech did a regular one first but couldn't really see anything so she did an internal. I was able to see the heartbeat!! Guess I was more off than I thought with LMP but its the best error I've ever made.
        Thank you again for all of your kind words... I was in a very dark place when I first posted but currently over the moon.

Comment

That's great news Katie! Congratulations on your baby.

Comment

Hi Katie,

Just perusing and found this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.

22 years ago, I gave birth to a very healthy baby girl. I had the same experience as you early in the pregnancy.

My husband and I had moved states and we were very unhappy so were drinking very heavily every second night (because we were so hungover to drink every night) I drank til I blacked out and he had to carry me to bed. Unbeknown to me I was pregnant for 3 weeks during this time.

I freaked out too. My daughter is now attending Uni and is a very smart, intelligent and well adjusted young lady - phew!!!

Don't worry too much, as long as you have given up now. I had very little to drink for the remainder of my pregnancy - I was too scared to drink anthing.

Best of luck.
            Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
            :h ya
            Trix

Comment

Hi Everyone, I have an issue! I went away for work for a week, the first night I consumed 4 drinks, the second night nothing, third night had more then 6, fourth night nothing, fifth night 4, the sixth night 4, the seventh night 2. I am a social drinker, being away I was just enjoying myself. Bad I know, got home, decided to do a preg test, positive 2 or 3 weeks it said. My partner and I are worried that I did something to the baby. That test was done 2 days ago, can anyone help?

Comment

jane123456789;1496586 wrote: Hi Everyone, I have an issue! I went away for work for a week, the first night I consumed 4 drinks, the second night nothing, third night had more then 6, fourth night nothing, fifth night 4, the sixth night 4, the seventh night 2. I am a social drinker, being away I was just enjoying myself. Bad I know, got home, decided to do a preg test, positive 2 or 3 weeks it said. My partner and I are worried that I did something to the baby. That test was done 2 days ago, can anyone help?
                That early in pregnancy the placenta is not formed and the baby cannot receive the alcohol you drank.
                Relax, quit drinking and enjoy your pregnancy.

Congratulations BTW

Comment

I am so freakin' scared right now and can definitely relate to many member's posts. I hate even saying this but I just found out I am about 2.5 ish weeks out from Conception (I know, really early but my periods have always been incredibly predictable) and about 4.5 weeks since the first day of my last period and have drank this entire time except for maybe 2-4 days (not counting the days I have not drank since I found out). I understand I am very very early into pregnancy. I was shocked when I took the test and it came back positive. I thought something was off but I really didn't think I was pregnant (I've never been pregnant before and just thought I was being weird).

Anyway, I am a major, major binge drinker. I have probably drank every single day the last two weeks except for maybe 2-4 days and haven't drank since I found out. I am TERRIFIED. I am a heavy drinker, probably about 10 units of alcohol a day, sometimes less (maybe 5, 1.5 ounce units), sometimes more I'm sure (at the height maybe as many as 14 units). Fortunately, like I said, I haven't ingested alcohol since I found out 3-4 days ago. I feel ashamed for even typing all that but this is the first time I've been absolutely honest.

Alcohol hasn't been the only substance I've abused and I am still in treatment for opiate addiction (that I'm actually not too worried about considering I've already spoken to that doctor and many pregnant woman are on the medication I'm currently on and it's not toxic to babies although my wish is to taper it extremely low by the end if I don't have any issues like miscarriage). Luckily, I have not relapsed concerning my opiate use in quite some time.

Obviously, I need to discuss and be honest with my doctor and am thankful I could stop drinking and my body let me without any ill effects (I haven't been drinking heavily for more than 2 months). I am extremely concerned that I have done damage to my baby drinking large amounts of alcohol (probably over a 8-12 hour span most days).

It's hard for me to even discuss how much I drink, let alone that I drank this much (not knowing, granted) not knowing I was pregnant. I just hope everything is okay but I'm very concerned. I feel horrible.

Comment

Many babies were conceived on binges.......not too worry, you will be fine honey.
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                    X