Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max is a duic head

Hi Max

I hope you are feeling a little better. It feels very natural but it is so crazy that when people have depression they treat it with alcohol for years on end. Alcohol abuse seems to set up the physical situation for more and worse depression.

I don't know about bipolar but some other members have posted on that in other threads if you want to look them up. For depression and anxiety, make sure you eat very well, take supplements including B vitamins and quality omega 3 fish oil. Get exercise. And when you get depressed try riding it out without alchohol. You may be amazed that the next day after an attack of depression, you feel ok if you don't do the self-medicating with alcohol. As for therapy, I think cognitive behavioral therapy is worth looking into. I would suggest someone who doesn't have rigid 12-step ideas about what alcholism is.

I don't think you want to self-destruct, judging by the fact that you posted here and asked for help.

Comment

max is a duic head

Hey Max, How about checking in with us, buddy, just to let us know how you're doing today? You're not alone in this struggle. Don't ever forget that, no matter how bad you feel. I'm sure it's just a matter of finding the proper medication along with some good counseling to get everything in order. Use all the assets available to get well.

Don

Comment

max is a duic head

Hey Max......all of your friends here are thinking of you......you know we understand.......damn the drink, the depression it brings is the worst! Remember, alcohol in itself is a major depressent.

Chief and the other's here are right, help is available......professional help and your good buddies right here at MWO...........please check in

KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

max is a duic head

Hi max,
          just woke up thinking about you, hope you are ok mate. just check-in let us know.
          love
          Teardrop.x
          family is everything to me

Comment

max is a duic head

Come on Max - where are you?

Check in, mate.

... and I refer to them as "bad head days". They're horrible.

Comment

max is a duic head

Max - hey buddy, coz you are..... howz you doing? Thinking of you big time...
              Hugs FMS xxxx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

max is a duic head

hey there, thankyou all for your concern, had a bad slip stressing out and stuff, but I am ok now. 3 days af. alot going on in me noggin at the mo. with the bipolar thing I think I was stressing a bit because my brother had it and silly me had forgot meds for a couple a days.

luvyazall

max
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

max is a duic head

Glad you are OK

Thanks for checking in old chap, Skippy the bush kangaroo was worried about you and so were we. You have been so kind and wise to us and it?s OK to receive in return. If we knew it all none of us would be on this site. It?s OK to slip and it?s OK to ask for help.
                  Kind regards
                  :baaah:

Comment

max is a duic head

max you can't um forget meds when you are bipolar. okay????? that is like forgetting to breathe or forgetting to have your heart beat......
                    so please note to self. TAKE YOUR MEDS
                    love bootsie
                    :welcome:

Comment

max is a duic head

sorry bootsie I wont let you down again, I am on anti deps for depression and just got a little paranoid when it hit and mixed it with a shipload of grog, the bipolar thing was a panicked self diagnosis, had 3 days af this will be 4. couldnt be at a better place than here. My wife has also been very supportive.

max is back!
                      "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

max is a duic head

yeahhh my max is back..... yeahhhhhhhh. well, giving you a big ass cyber hug.......
                        :welcome:

Comment

max is a duic head

So glad to hear you`re feeling better, max. :l
                          Well done on the AF.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

max is a duic head

Welcome back Max!

Comment

max is a duic head

Max, I only just saw this after my vacation, so glad that you got through it ...........

We are all here for you :l :l :l
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X