help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, please

Pinkie, I do understand. I worry alot when I feel I have alienated people. Verbally I have hurt many people. I AM sorry, but what can I say?

"I am so sorry I said that to you when I was drinking, but I still DO think you were/are not right...? Any one of them who wants to pay their own bills can get away from me any minute they choose. I feel USED! I don't know who my real friends are, including my family.

So far, I have only accidentally hurt myself physically.

Right now, at this very moment, I have not been able to leave my home for almost a week because I tripped over a garden hose "someone" left on my front walk (while I was drunk as a rat) and I got a concussion that resulted in one of the ugliest black eyes I have ever seen. (I am a former trauma nurse with nearly 20 years in ER/Ambulance/ICU). I didn't even hit my eye while I was "sidewalk surfing". All the blood from the head injury pooled in my eyes. Thank god I didn't mess up my dental work.

I work mostly at home now and I am really hoping this will clear up before I have to interact with any of my friends or clients. Next appointment is Friday...maybe I can wear some makeup?

Or maybe I shouldn't drink anymore, drinking must be the cause of all the physical problems I started to drink for in the first place? Don't ask me, I don't have a clue.

Sorry for being so down right now, and all the best to all of you!

Money does NOT make it better, it makes things worse. Do something good for good people who need a break, never try to buy friends or fans.

A

Comment

help, please

Hi Pinkie,
      Everything you need to beat this thing is here. The boards help, but, you also have to read the MWO book and get on a healthy program that works for you. The supplements and daily exercise have helped me tremendously. The other thing that helps me is to start each day with even just a few moments of meditation and after that I plan my day to stay sober, today. It takes work and comittment, but you can do it!

I hope you feel better very soon!
      KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

help, please

marbella;228896 wrote: Hi Pinkie
        I too had a bad weekend, I can't have today as day 1 as I felt so shaky and disorientated I had to have 2 beers this morning just to be able to start the day.
        Hopefully I don't sound like a broken record here...but what you said above is concerning. Why? Because I have been through the same mess. It's a 100% indicator that you are physically addicted and are having alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Shaky, disoriented, dizzy, etc. These can also be dangerous symptoms because the brain is over excited and can cause heart arythmia, breathing issues, blood pressure problems, etc. It's nothing to mess around with. The absolute worst thing you can do is drink more to calm your nerves. You are feeding and perpetuating the problem even more.

Please go see your doctor. There is medication they can give you that will completely (and I mean completely) alleviate these symptoms you are having and eliminate the need or cravings you are feeling for alcohol. It's usually only something you need to take for a week (maybe less), but it will get rid of the anxiety and stress your body is going through.

I personally didn't believe it would help either until I finally did it and I can tell you I went through hell for almost a year feeling the way you described above (and worse). If you go seek some medical help you will feel so much better.

-Swami

Comment

help, please

Pinkie,

I'm VERY new at this, too...and not strong AT ALL.

BUT...coming here helps a lot.

I'm weak. If it helps me, it can help you, too.

Hang in there.

-HopefulNow
          Taking it all in

Comment

help, please

Thanks Swami

I did not read your reply till today, you are right of course but my doctor has not been over helpful in the past. I feel much better today, i stopped at those two beers and made it through a busy day without any further incidents.

Went through the night with fitful sleeping and night sweats though I quite welcomed them because I know it means it is all coming out. Have lots of good food prepared for today, and have got in touch with a detox clinic here in Spain- I don't want to go for the detox, (The prices are impossible for me, but it seems at least some phone counselling is possible) so I feel a lot more hopeful.

I know I am not the only one in this boat but I am the only one round here that I can see, and I have truly had enough. Moderating does not work for me, I have to now take this beast by the horns and sling it as far away as I can.

Thank you for your concern. I do know we have something here called Disteurine to help with the immediate after effects, but the times I have been to my doctor he has never offered it to me, maybe he thinks it might entice me to drink more knowing I can 'cure myself' after the binge.

And he might be right.

Comment

help, please

Good morning everyone - I made it thru day 1 and am moving on to day 2 LOUD AND PROUD!!! I am taking all the supps and besides the night sweats and feeling a little shaky I am doing better. I know that 2 days isnt a long time but it is a start and I appreciate everyones advise and support. I dont know if I would have made it thru yesterday without you guys!

Swami, although I have not yet taken that step to go to the Doctor, after reading your reply I think you are right and it is not only something that i have to do for myself physically but also mentally as admitting this to someone other then my MWO friends and my family might be the kick in the but that i need!

Marbella, I know what you are feeling. I wasnt typically a morning drinker but there were times when I just need to to appear normal and in control. If your doctor hasnt been helping, maybe it is time to find a different one?

I hope everyone has a great day as I am already looking forward to a better tomorrow!

Pinkie

Comment

help, please

Pinkie
                Big congrats on day 2.....Loud and Proud, as well you should be....The first few days are the toughest, and your making it!!! Each day, going forward will bring more strength, more confidence, and just feeling better physically......Talk to your doctor, keep taking the supps, and drink LOT'S of water....We can do this!!!
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

help, please

you made it through day 1! yeah! me too...on to day 2...I too had a long stretch of AF for three months this summer and so I know how good I felt then and would love to do it again. I am shooting for just today as looking too far forward seems very overwhelming. Lets try together...i know I need all the support I can get....Have a great day...buckle:goodjob:

Comment

help, please

Hello Everyone, I did great today and I hope you guys did too! Soon to be moving on to day 3!

Buckle, without a doubt if we stay together on this it will be easier!

Char, I think I will call the doctor tomorrow. I have been fighting it for so long but this time I am very dehydrated and still a little shaky. I actually feel like my lips are going to explode!! Not a good feeling.

Anyway, looking forward to a good night sleep and actually reading before bed...and remembering what I read in the morning.

Have a great night everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X