I've had it - gotta get AF for good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I KNOW you can do this DG! I know it. You had so much determination and were extremely enthusiastic before. Put that nose to the grindstone and do it again! We are here for you!

Comment

courage

Hi DG,

I was around this summer when you had these incredible AF days going and you were an inspiration to me.

I admired your strenght then..but I admire your courage even more now, for you have come back to try again and this time I know you will suceed in meeting your ultimate goals.

I am very happy you are back, I will enjoy reading your posts.

Riker,
      Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

good going DG you can do this you seem so determined.
        again, everyone here has such great advice.
        you guys are all amazing!!!!

big hugs
        Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hi Accountable and Riker and Trixie!! I thought I responded to you all yesterday but ????? I must have not hit the send button or something stupid! (I'm having a little Nopa Dopa going on here on Day 2 (yesterday) and Day 3(today). You must think I'm horribly rude!!

Anyway, thank you all so much for your support. Saturdays are my hardest day of the week - triggers all around me. My knuckles are white, and my temper is short, but thankfully the worst of it is over and everyone from dog training is finally GONE! (meaning the "after glow" beer drinking is over. I'm just glad beer is not my poison of choice - that would make it ever harder!)

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has responded throughout this thread.

DG
          Day 3 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Doggy -

Just popping in to get/give some AF sister support. My day has been really good. A short time ago there were people talking on the radio about holiday drinks and pop! the urge came into my head. I just downed some kudzu and glut, drank a glass of water and now I'm making some food (I'm hungry). I'm cooking quinoa and then I'm going to add some steamed asparagus and tofu. then I add a little flax oil and soy sauce. mmmmmm. one of my favorite staples meals.

Anyway. AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF AF

I am AF rain man. AF. Whopner at 8. AF.

We are strong, healthy, and serene and Alcohol Free.

luv wonder xxx :h :h

Comment

Serious Beast Slappin' Wonder....way to go

Don

Comment

OMG! I can't believe I missed this thread! I was so busy working I didn't really have tome to read just a quick check in the day you wrote this....

I knew you had it in you, sister! I will sit and write tomorrow, but for now, you just keep on going. Drinking is not an option - good advise, I need that tattooed on my chest!

XOXOXOXOX, MY FRIEND!

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Wonder, you crack me up!! I love your beast slappin' support! And hi Chief and MM! You guys are the best.

Coveting Wonder's Angel,

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

HIya Doggy - long time no type!

Hang in there - you KNOW you have it in you to quit and stay quitted

You were a major inspiration to me to get started on the AF path - I probably would never have made the leap if not for your enthusiasm back in the summer!

If there is anything I can do to help - just yell.

If it is any help - being AF is getting easier and easier the longer I do it -
                    I am now at the stage where there is a six pack of beer
                    - (my old poison ) in the fridge - left over from having some "normie" friends round three weeks ago!
                    I just don't have any problem with leaving it there at all - I just don't drink any more.
                    So get a good few AF days under that belt - and it does really really really get easier!

BTW - I like MM's idea

meditation mama;232139 wrote:

I need that tattooed on my chest!

MM
                    If there any ladies out there who want to have non-drinking messages tattooed on their chests, I will happily do this free of charge!

How is that for selflessness! - The things I will offer to do to help my MWO friends out - eh?

Hang in there Doggy - you KNOW you can do it! (and WE know you can do it!)

Love

satori
                    xxx
                    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Sorry that I missed this earlier too .........

DG, Well done, you've taken the bull by the horns and dragged him down .......

Keep it up, BB xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

doggygirl , you and I are in the same boat. So grab the other oar and we can paddle together, away from the beast

Max
                        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

just think of trix in the background cheering you all on
                          go go go
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                          X