Hundi help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hundi help

Thank you all - I appreciate your support. Day 1 today and I am feeling like crap - hopefully tomorrow will be better. I hear what you are saying and will do my utmost.

Thank again from the heart. Wish me luck

xxx Hundi
    __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

Comment

Hundi help

Hi Hundi,

I am probably not much help right now. You have gotten good advice. Just know that I am thinking about you. It might not be a bad idea to do the inpatient, if things are really this bad???

Keep posting.

Big hugs,
      Pans

Comment

Hundi help

Hi Hundi, long time no talk.
        It's almost impossible to describe depression, or addiction, or any other mental illness to the people you love. Oh and I know the "helping others" stuff. When you are depressed that is the No 1 thing to do - and you know why - cause it's just so much easier to solve other people's problems than to fix your own - I have been there and it's so destructive. You have to look after yourself, and that's not selfish (as a depressed person would think), it's not negotiable. If you are not well you can't be there for your son and your husband. That's what your husband is seeing - not that you help others but that you don't help yourself. Do you have a good doctor - you spoke about hospital before - was that for detox or depression - if the drinking and the depression are linked as so often is the case, you really need to speak to a Dr (an i'm not saying you need meds or whatever) and maybe go to a clinic that can assist you with both probs at the same time, instead of trying one or the other?? Do you have privtae health cover?

You need to talk to someone at least - have you got a mental health hotline you can call up there? They can be so helpful (speaking from the heart and from experience). Try calling someone and talking. It may give you some tools to speak to you husband with.

If not happy to chat with you.

Cashy
        xxxxx
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Hundi help

Hi Hundi,

Seems like you are at a crossroads... you have a choice. I was there once too.... which landed me here. Make the right choice. Its not easy, but its worth it.

Supporting you no matter what,
          Allie
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Hundi help

I moved in with my fiance and my son hiding the fact that I drank. We had been dating already for 4 years but after living with him, it didn't take him long to realize that I had a problem. He left me home every night when we were dating not knowing what I consumed when he left me at my house.
            It was probably the hardest thing I had to admit and confess. But you know something, he loved me enough that if I promised to get help he was going to stand by me. BUT I had to get help. I did....I went to AA, was AF for a long time and he loved me even more because of it. I have fallen since then. Not to the extent that I was then but that doesn't matter. He knows I'm seeking help, which is why I"m here, and he still loves me. As for my son his love has never faltered. But they know I deal with this everyday.

Tell them, let them be involved in your life and your struggle. You'll be surprised.
            Chief is right, talk to

Comment

Hundi help

((((Hundi)))))

You have been given many words of wisdom. They are very good words from people who care, people who understand where you are-having been there themselves. My hubby and I have been drinking way too much since June. We have promised to stop drinking, countless times since, then one or the other of us fold.

I don't know what I would do if Joe said he'd leave me if I didn't stop drinking. And I don't know what will happen if I do stop drinking and Joe continues at the rate we have been.

But I do know, even though wanting to quit due to a loved one's wish, usually doesn't work. What you have to ask yourself, are you ready to quit for yourself? What will you do to work on that? Will u take supplements, rx's, change your habits. It's not going to work to just say you will stop drinking, what is needed, I feel, is to say WHAT YOU WILL DO, INSTEAD.

This way you won't be of the mindset u r giving up something, but that you are substituting something for something else.

I wish you much luck hon, and care for you whatever you decide. :l

Comment

Hundi help

Doggygirl;232299 wrote: Hi Hundi. I'm sorry to read about your family difficulties. Booze is such bad news in all aspects of our lives. I agree with those who have said you must want to kick the habit for YOU first and foremost. Even then, it's a tough road as we all know.

Since you mentioned the possibility of hospitalization (re-hab?), you might want to reach out to db2fromala (Cindi). She recently went to rehab and has shared lots about her experiences here at MWO, in case you haven't seen her posts about it. Are you in the US? If so, she might have some good information for you.

If you haven't seen this post, I think it's a very sobering read. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...hab-16415.html

Best wishes to you!

DG
                very good suggestion doggygirl and welcome hundi.
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hundi help

Again everyone, many hertfelt thanks - I was really in crisi that day. He has not eluded to it agin and I not had a drink since and been more vigilant wih my ad medication and food and water never tasted so good. I have plenty of motivating factors to turn this around and will consider the meds again - I tried campral but kept drinking. Topa has just been out on the PBS listing (publically funded) here in Autralia, marketed for migraines and zeisures, I might talk to my doc about that. My blood presre is borderline high of concern but I think drinkind does that along with anxiety. The interesting thing he said to me during that horrible conversation was that he 'married a BMW, that has a hue dent in it now, and wants the dent out. He is still offering to cook and is talking to me normally apart from hedging me a bit... slowly does and prove my mettle. Once I set my mind to something I can usually accomplish it. Christmas will have to extra vigilant, but why undo a good thing. I am much more creative and happy in myself when abs or managing mods successfully. I read something in another forum where he wrote that is generally abs but allows himself to have some big nights or mods as if he doesn't he feels thanks about the abs too much and feels deprived and that works for him - and that how I used to be, so that, vigilance, not excluding him, diet and sups is my plan.

Thank you all so much again. Love you all

Hundi x
                  __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

Comment

Working...
                  X