Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

NEW

Thanks
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

jacqui,

I was in the same place you are in last Friday. It was quite possibly the worst day (hangover) of my life. But, it does end and the rain lifts. When that happens you have hope. You can forgive yourself for some of your mistakes and begin to take control of your life once again. Just hold on. You can do anything for just one day.

Olivia

Comment

NEW

so cold,cant eat?????????
          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

Jacqui, alcohol withdrawal can be very dangerous. If you are feverish or delirious you need to go to the ER immediately. Call a friend or 911. There is nothing to be ashamed of, this has happened to many many of us.
            And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

NEW

Help needed

Jaq,

I may have spoken too soon. If U are displaying anyof the following symptoms ring 911(US,CAN) or 000 (UK,AUS,NZ) IMMEDIATELY!
              • Tremor
              • Overt Sweating
              • Uncontrolled shakes
              • rapid heartbeatDry mouth/DroolingDisco-ordinationInarticularcy (Try and sat "Jack and Jill" etc

If any of these are causing U trouble U should be under professional care NOW!
              Long Road
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

NEW

Please let us know if your symptoms are improving. if not, then please get help and come back to us when you are feeling better.
                it's good that you are trying to help yourself.

Welcome

Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

NEW

drinking lots water,home alone
                  Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

Do you have any supplements?

NAC (N-acetyl-L-cysteine) with a high B-complex multivitamin will help mop up a lot of the leftover toxins left in your system - usually in a few hours to a half day. Keep up the water too. This will pass.
                    -Patty-

Comment

NEW

no im only have water and deep shame
                      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

Jacqui
                        Know you feel like crap, but please let the shame go....we have all been in that place. You are here now, and when you are feeling better we will all be here to support you.
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

NEW

Can you get to a store that sell vitamins and supplements? If you're in the US, most grocery stores, Walmart, Whole Food stores, Vitamin Shop, etc, will have this.

Start with 1000mg of the NAC and get something like a "stress" multivitamin - something with a 1000% or more of the RDA of B vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, niacin - I think that's some of them, there could be others). If you're not feeling better (not perfect, just noticably better) within two hours or so, take another 1000mg of NAC. Also, pick up some Pedialite. The electrolytes will help your system rehydrate faster.
                          -Patty-

Comment

NEW

I almost forgot... For the queeziness and acid stomach thing: 1/2tsp baking soda in a little water. Works wonders!
                            -Patty-

Comment

NEW

No shame, Jac. Today is a new day.
                              And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

NEW

Hang on in there, Eff the shame, and try to sleep.

Drink lots of water and take any vits you have. If it is really so bad- call a friend to call the meds- but I imagine as bad as it feels it could be worse or you would not be using the PC.

Otherwise, it will pass, then you can come back and talk to us some more. Just hang on in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X