NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW

Hi, I'm new too. This is the first time I signed into this forum. Still learning to use this. I've been taking the supplements, kudzo and camprol. I'd really like to have others to discuss this with too. My husband is really great and is very supportive, but he doesn't drink, so its not the same as talking to someone else who is experiencing this hell!

Comment

NEW

Hell is the word,i have only been on this site one day and knowing im not alone has helped still shaking and not over the worst but stayed af for 1 day...cant remember the last time i done that...drink turns me into sombody not nice at all..my husband is away at the moment and last night i phoned and told him i had a problem,of course he already knew that it was just me in denial,WE can do this
      Jacqui
      A big thanks to all messages of support and advice on my 1st day
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

Congradulations Jacqui on your Day 1! It does get easier. The supps help alot and there are some great people on these boards as you have already found out. Get a good night sleep and tomorrow is a new day.

Also welcome to you MSLCJ. You will find alot of support and comfort. We all have the same issues so it is nice to chat and help each other out.

Read and post...it will help alot!
        "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

NEW

jacqui-

I really enjoy your posts. I think you have the strength and courage to aovercome what ever stands in your way. PLEASE keep coming back to check in and get any support you need. At MWO, people support any approach that works. Post early and post often and get what YOU need.

:welcome:

Cheers,
          Dave

Comment

NEW

day 2 its morning and i got through the night,it was a bad night tossing and turning and getting up every hour the sweating was really bad,at one point in the night i came on site and read other peoples stories which made me relise that we are all normal people with a problem ,again i would like to thank everyone for thier kind words i really believe that this is what got me through and will continue to do so
            Love to you all
            Jacqui
            IM HERE TO STAY
            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

Well done jacqui, just keep on drinking lots of water.
              The sweating can go on 3or 4days.
              I'm glad you found us!
              Love
              Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

NEW

Hi Ja
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

NEW

Hiya Jacqui - and welcome to MWO!

You are doing great - and you sound very determined.
                  The fact that you are here at all tells us that you are serious about beating this addiction we all share!

It IS entirely possible to beat this - many, many people here have done so.
                  Many others still drink moderately - but - at a much lower level than they did in the past.

The main ingredient required is willpower and determination to do this for YOU.
                  You sound like you have the determination!

My own story?
                  20 plus years of alcohol abuse.
                  11 months here at MWO
                  last 140 days Alcohol free (AF)

How do I feel? - Bl**dy GREAT! I now feel like I have a life again!

I did this with the support and advice from the great folks here - I personally chose to do this WITHOUT medication or suppliments - so that is an option too - especially if you live in the US and do not want alcohol problems to appear on your medical records.

There is a whole load of useful information here - read as much as you can - download the book and read it - then decide the elements of the programme that will worl for you.

We will all be here to help!

Good luck - you CAN do this

Love :l

satori

xxx
                  "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

NEW

Hello jacqui,

:welcome: to this site. Please hang there. You have entered into a place where there is so much support and understanding, because we are all here for the same thing. Oh yes the tossing and turning all night, and the night sweats......that goes with the withdrawl sypmtoms, and we have all been there. Just keep reading and reading, and you'll see you are finally not alone. Drink lots of water, and at least get those B Vitamins into your system. Good luck and keep us posted.
                    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

NEW

day 3 still af and feeling a lot better,have been reading all posts and it helps ,will join in soon.So nice to see that you talk about other things not only drink....now if this was a diet site they would talk about food all the time WHY??
                      I need to change my NEW title and get out of ..need help asap... but cant work out how to do it .any help with that will be great .I think i will move to starting out,because thats just how I feel right now,how things can change in 3 days...
                      bye for now
                      Jacqui
                      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

NEW

Jac, you are AWESOME, Day 3 AF, I'll talk about whatever... you want to talk about shoes? Politics? Boys? Girls? Otters? Listen to Satori, he is right on, and as to sweating, yeah, our bodies want to get rid of the toxins. Do a new thread, post in starting out, call it I Am Awesome Jacqui and I will Live to 100.
                        And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Working...
                        X