question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

Hello, if you read any of my other posts, I gave in and had two beers sunday, due to stress. Convinced myself to stop, was tempted to keep going. Its like having a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. I rememberd how great it feels AF and poured my self a glass of diet coke instead. Cheif you are so right, I think in our paranoid minds, we do think everyone is looking at you and wondering why you're not drinking, when most likely their not! Its that devil saying look everyones looking better have a drink. Next time I hear him I am going to flick him off my shoulder.

Twosox

Comment

question

Everyone in hubby's family knows (by chance-long story) & of course my parents. It keeps me from drinking in social situations. If I choose to do so on my own-I'm not disappointing anyone else but myself.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

question

Hi Breez, I was able to control my drinking most of the time in social situations to. Its when I am home that is the hardest. I don't even like the feeling of being buzzed or drunk. So I have no idea why I drink. I'm on day two today, would have been day 12, if I didn't slip and have the stupid two beers. Ok - maybe I do have a small idea why I drink, it calms the nerves, but the problem is I don't stop at just one.

Twosox

Comment

question

I think we all should carry a video of ourselves in our worst drunken state.... and a snap shot of what we looked like the next morning. This would be be very helpful for us to keep on going! Dontcha think? :H

Comment

question

Absolutley!!

Twosox

Comment

Working...
            X