Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shakes

Rosalind;250118 wrote: Pink,

The first time I detoxed at home my husband doled out so much a day to me, he didn't want to play this time so I detoxed myself. I would get on my bicyle everyday and buy just one half a pint of whiskey as my daily ration to taper down on. Had I bought two half pints a day I would have drunk them both, I now this because I tried that one day and guess what- yes I drank them both. It can be hard to detox yourself when drinking too much I know. Then I just started buying a 28 once bottle of beer to drink, then abs for 39 days. You might want to try just skipping trying to taper down with the whiskey and go straight to trying to taper down with beer, that might be easier. If you can't detox yourself, you will have to go to a detox center so that they can detox you- I mean if you want to live that is.

Now when I drink I keep it below the level to which quitting would cause me to have to go through withdrawal again. Why drink at all?- well, because drinking occasionally atleast keeps me from obsessing over NOT drinking. I know that is a little nuts, but the best plan I can come up with for now. I just can't see myself giving it up forever.
    Thanks for your note.

Most unfortunately, I find the taste of beer to be too closely similar to the taste of barf. I need to get my buns to detox, as much as I hate the idea. I just wish they wouldn't make such a huge deal of my wanting to be released in five days or so versus 14 or 21 or more. I really think they are more interested in snagging the insurance funds rather than being interested in my well-being.

Comment

The shakes

I have never been to detox so I don't know how it is. My husband was threatening to get me thrown into detox against my will so I detoxed myself by tapering down over about a weeks time or week and a half, my motivation being I didn't want to get thrown into detox against my will.

But everyone is different, if you need to go to detox then go ahead that might be the best idea for you. Detoxing at home might be better , but only if you can do it.

If you have medicare why not go and get your wrist and rib fixed first? (Here in my state someone has to be 61 to get medicaid.)

Can you just call a cab, if you can't drive?

Comment

The shakes

pinkpeppercorns;250124 wrote: Thanks for your note.

Most unfortunately, I find the taste of beer to be too closely similar to the taste of barf. I need to get my buns to detox, as much as I hate the idea. I just wish they wouldn't make such a huge deal of my wanting to be released in five days or so versus 14 or 21 or more. I really think they are more interested in snagging the insurance funds rather than being interested in my well-being.
        Pink,

How about wine instead of beer? It may be easier to taper down using wine instead of whiskey?

Comment

The shakes

detox

Pink,

Five days is ample for alcohol withdrawal. After that you don't get anymore sober. The hardest part is next, and that's what the starlets pay for. 28 days of raw self footage.
          Long Road
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The shakes

I agree with Long Road, 5 days is sufficent time to detox. I am sorry pink that they do not give that option to you.

Comment

The shakes

How are you Pink?

Comment

The shakes

It takes me 10 days to feel strong and get past the digestive upsets, post drink bloating and a few cravings. Don't know what anyone else feels but I feel rough for the first 3, starting to get better by day 5 and that's when I want to drink. I know not everyone can afford the time or $$$ but the longer you are in a 'safe' place, perhaps away from your drinking friend then the better.

Then again I relapsed.

I do know you have to ditch the drink buddy. I acquired one in September last year. He was like a limpet and took me two months to shake him loose. Everytime I tried to go AF he was on the phone offering to come round to talk things through, with a few cans. He said it was because he "cared".........

Comment

The shakes

Good morning....... we haven't heard from pink peppercorns, and I'm praying that she made it to rehab. Does anyone know for sure?

Pink Peppercorn, if you happen to surf by.... how are you doing?:h

Patty
                  Tampa, FL

Comment

The shakes

I have been thinking about her also. I was hoping maybe she did go to rehab.

Comment

The shakes

I love you all, been through it so many times.]
                      Is it proper to tell a cancer patient there is no hope but .........

Find rest and comfort and know that If I could I would be at yours and all the rest of this sites doorsteps.
                      Give me some time to get over this....

Dont feel Judged.
                      Dont do anyhing but feel.

We are alive
                      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

The shakes

Yes we are alive but if some of us continue down this road we won't be for long.

As for hope...any AF day you have is hope. Everyday you wake up feeling pretty damn good is hope.

Most of us falter..many of us fail at times. But we wouldn't be here if there was no hope.

Comment

The shakes

Has anyone seen her online?
                          This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

The shakes

No I was looking.

Comment

The shakes

Dolly, look like she was last online on 1/8? Last post 1/5. Hopefully everything is okay
                              This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

The shakes

I know. I'm hoping she went to rehab.

Comment

Working...
                                X