Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If at first you don't succeed, ...

Pink,

This does not mean drinking without inhibition. Just trying to keep you safe while you figure out what to do.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Pink
      Please tell us how you are doing. You must get some help right away.

Call 911 if you are bad.

Did your doctor call?

Please keep talking to us
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I had enough swigs to get the violent shakes under control. Boy, that was nasty. I'm still having hot and cold sweats, but that may be (at least partially menopausal) and feel sick to my stomach. Still, I'm trying to get the dishes done, the laundry washed, garbage taken out and TAKE A SHOWER (it's embarrassing how long it's been since I've any of these) in case I find a way to get to detox. I can't imagine the rank smell I'd return to if I left them much longer.

Thanks for caring.

Comment

Oh, and, no, the doctor hasn't called yet. Sure wish he would. Ativan (sp?) is the only drug that I've found that really helps me with those shakes. I've been to the ER several times (once for a fractured rib), and they've given it to me. Trouble is, they don't want to fully detox me. So they give me this Ativan then three hours later send me on my merry way. So frustrating. One can't detox in three hours!

Comment

Pink,

Nope, 3 hours won't do it.

Keep posting for us so we know you are okay and let us know if you get medical help.

I am hoping Bear sees this soon. I am googling, just not finding the site he found.

Where do you live? That might help.

Thanks,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm in Western Massachusetts. I have made a good many visits to the Brattleboro Retreat (Brattleboro, Vermont). I've heard the only other one that accepts Medicare is in Worchester, Mass., but I've heard a good many horrible reviews about it. *eeep*

Comment

Pink,

Try this link:

Massachusetts Drug Detox Centers - Alcohol Detox in MA

It seems to be separate from the Worcester one.

Also, remember to ask about transportation. Lots of rehab patients get free transportation from state services. It may take a while, like a few hours, to get it, but if that is what you need...

Let me know if this works, otherwise will keep googling..

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks so much, Cindi!

Comment

Pink,

Glad to help, I know you would do the same for any of us.

Please let us know what you are doing and how you are doing. Okay?

Many here worried about you.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Just checking in

I haven't decided what to do on the detox though I am sort of leaning toward trying to wean myself off on my own.

For the past week or two, it's been that by this hour (nearly 1 p.m., my time), I would have had a pint of vodka polished off and working on the second. Today I've had less than half a pint. That's still too much, but it's progress for me. (And, even still, I've got the jitters and sweats, just not nearly so severe.)

I'm just trying to remain really calm and get through the day. I have a serious anxiety problem, so for me, remaining calm is another big undertaking.

Thank you all so much for your support.

Comment

You can do it. Tomorrow go for a 1/4 of a pint by 1:00. Just make sure it gets less and less. Withdrawl is worse every time and you already have it pretty bad.

Comment

pink..I don't know you, and I am new here, but still hope you are doing ok...I hope you will check in soon and let everyone know you are ok...my thoughts are with you
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                          X