Failed, failed failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed, failed failed

Hah! Found you! Hadn't seen a post for a while and then I thought I saw you on chat yesterday but you must have logged out as I logged in.

Really sorry you were feeling so bad and got so low but sometimes that's what it takes. I did similar before the end of the year. Sat here one night tipping it down my neck (like you I only want white wine .... well red too actually!!! - but could take or leave whisky or beer) and got myself in a right old sorry state and cried - I knew I still had a big problem and it wasn't going to get any better unless I really, truly worked on doing something about it. The next day I picked myself up by the scruff of the neck, good hot shower, hearty breakfast, fresh air and set my shoulders square.

Now I am really enjoying my AF days. Something has switched in my brain and I don't see it any more as denial, more a treat for me. I can't pretend I am out of the woods but IT IS GETTING EASIER and I am sure you can get there too. I plan my non-drinking, decide what I am going to do in the danger zone (about 6pm - 9pm) and stick to it. I know I will probably have days when that will be exhausting but I'll worry about them when they come up. Really ODAT is the way to go. Those one days add up to several. And even if you do fall, there is no point in giving in and saying that is it, back to day one. It isn't. It's a blip and there is no reason why the next day can't be AF and the one after. Just get those days in one day at a time and you will begin to feel really positive.

Thinking of you.

Bessie xxx

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Great posts by all of you. It is so encouraging to see strangers eager to help one another. Maybe there is hope for us all.
      Love and Peace,
      Phil
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Hi LSW---you're just like me with that white wine! Or, like I WAS. The scary thing was, it became like water to me---I almost didn't even consider it alcohol, as I'd pour a tall plastic tumbler of it over ice right after my coffee in the morning, and happily sip away all day (and night) long. That had to stop, and I think it has. I decided to "moderate" over the holidays (and the holidays are loooong around here!) What a foolish mistake. Not possible. I finally realized that abstinence is the only option for me. Not a pleasant thought, but every day that passes gets me more comfortable with it. Looking in the mirror and being proud of my bright eyes, clear skin, and uncoated tongue instead of ashamed, sheepish, and remorseful? PRICELESS. I sincerely wish the same for you. Let's look back at our long affair with white wine with self-forgiveness...it was a lover that betrayed us!
        Jane Jane

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Success, success, success

Well guys, I started this so I'll finish it off (a bit like the white wine the other day:H ) by saying THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU everyone for the support and understanding you all gave to me when I reached out my sad little hand into the wide blue yonder. Unbelievable! Yesterday was wine free for me and today is also. I had a great day at work today, I am busy this evening with all sorts of stuff and then an early night and looking forward to a good productive sober day tomorrow. Bessie, you in particular have touched me so much. :thanks: But that's true of everyone - I just can't say how good it feels to be here and have (and I hope give) support like this.

Right, enough mushy stuff - just :rockband: YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

J

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Jane and LOSW: I love white wine as "the lover who betrayed us." Hilarous and true for me as well!!!
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Lastof, I 've only just spotted this ....

How is it now??? How are you doing???
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Hi Betty, I am doing just fine thanks, maybe it was the wake up call I needed, because I've totally got my act together and I feel great for it. I'm very hopeful that this is my turning point and so far so good, but as we all know only too well, it's easy to get complacent with a week or so AF under your belt. So now on to week 2 (almost!) and fingers crossed, and it's all thanks to you guys! xxxx This time last week I was really low, just shows you how one day at a time really can make a difference.
                Thanks again!

Comment

Failed, failed failed

:goodjob:

Got everything crossed for you! And me too!!

Bessie xx

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Last, you sound so much more positive, well done you. i am in place you were in recently, have read book, bought supps, even have hypno cd's, have started and started and started again, but yet am sitting here with glass beside me and feel such a failure. Been here a while, yet just cannot get this monkey off my back. Am sure I am battling some depression, but whether is caused by drink in first place...who knows? Doesn't help tho. I wish you luck, and hope I can follow you out.
                    Respect, Pipsqueak
                    Pipsqueak

Comment

Failed, failed failed

NEVER SAY FAILED

IT WAS SO SAD TO READ YOUR LETTER THIS EVENING. I COULD FEEL YOUR SORROW RIGHT THROUGH THE COMPUTER SCREEN. I ALSO HAVE DONE VERY POORLY WITH ALCOHOL MY WHOLE ADULT LIFE, AND LATELY IT HAS TAKEN ON A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF EXTREME. IT REALLY IS A NIGHTMARE SOMETIMES AND THE MOMENTS OF PLEASURE ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. THE SADNESS DOES SUBSIDE WHEN THE DRINKING CEASES SO WHY DO WE ALWAYS GO BACK? THAT IS THE BIG MYSTERY. PLEASE DO NOT HATE YOURSELF.....TRY TO TAKE A LITTLE TIME OFF ALCOHOL AND EVERYTHING REALLY DOES LOOK BETTER INCLUDING YOURSELF................GOD BLESS

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Hi Repete
                        Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find plenty of support here. You should start your own thread and I am sure you will have lots of people respond to you. This is a WAY old thread from earlier on this year. So dont be too sad about it! Have you had a chance to download the book. Its an easy read and will give you some tools to help you get out of your nighmare.
                        BH

Comment

Failed, failed failed

Well, that was a shock! What a surprise to log on and see this old thread of mine. Actually, it's made me feel really good about the progress I have made since that horrible time in my life, so thanks Repete. However, I agree with Boozehag, start your own thread and see what wonderful support and help you will get from the lovely people here - good luck - and never say failed!
                          J
                          x

Comment

Working...
                          X