Night sweats/chills...at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could very well be the "pause" but the chilled sweats--as opposed full sweats--did not start till I went AF. So last night (still AF) I went to bed armed. From 4:30 till about 8:30 I managed to drink 5 bottles.......of water. When I went to bed I was kinda chilled anyway so I put on warm jammies(usually I wear a light gown) wrapped myself in a blanket and got under the duvet. Well, that much water might have been a mistake for other reasons and I did sweat but did not get totally chilled.... This is so silly but I was really looking forward to what would happen. Tomorrow I am gonna go to a sauna!!
    Now if the appetite would just get under control! Thanks for all your input

Comment

No kidding about the appetite!
      I am on Day 5! A record for me.
      But damn I want to eat all the time

Comment

Cosette,

What you are experiencing is called Night Sweats....and that is a withdrawl symptom from alcohol. It lasts for a few days and tapers off. The reason for the "chills" is after you sweat your body is over heated, and then your body cools down and you get the chills. It's called "getting rid of the poisons". The same thing happens after I have a really hard run, and I get over heated. When I start to cool down, I get the chills.

Now I have heard that you do get night sweats when you hit menopause, but I believe that drinking alcohol delays it. (now this is my belief, not a real fact :H ) I'm 51 and have not hit it yet......at least I am unaware. Thank Goodness !! I'm too young for that crap :yuk:
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Lots of reasons for cold sweats

Cold sweats if not detoxing can also be from thyroid problems. So blood test may be necessary.
          :h

Comment

Yes, get some blood work to rule out or discover what is going on. The body does odd things when going AF, it like rebells....I want a drink, ya know. Once sober these symptons become REAL as we didn't feel to pay attention before? Who would ever think going AF was such a pain in the ass? It better pay off thats all I can say....

Luv Ya ALL~:l
            Ripple
            ODAT....

Comment

tHANKS for the feed back. Miss October I too am 51--not too young. What really irritates me is my 48 YO best friend went thru the whole thing and is done and did not have any symptoms.grrr

I have had thyroid tests--and while i KNOW that they are not always reliable mine have always been 100% OK. It is better now tho

Comment

Working...
              X