MUST STOP DRINKING NOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not blonde either - (but the laydeez here do tell me I have a nice A$$! )
    Heh Heh - the anonymity of the internet is great - isn't it?
    I posted a pic of David Beckhams A$$!

D'OH - I think my secret is out!

Welcome aboard Epoh - seriously - you have found a great place here.
    All the folks here are great - and we all understand! We have all been there.

You CAN do this - I drank heavily for over 20 years - and have since joining here - managed to be Alcohol Free (AF) for over 6 months!

If I can do it - so can YOU!

Good luck

Satori
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Thursday 24 January 2008

I am now beginning to realize the full extent of my fucked up situation. My impulsivity was out of control and was directly connected to my drinking. Either I stop drinking or I will certainly end up in a very bad situation. It is better to at least try to give it up. I didn?t take a drink yesterday. The biggest problem with not drinking is that you really feel the true pain of the boredom of an empty life.

Comment

epoh, I truly think that when you go af, your life will fill. Other things will fill lthe void of sitting and drinking.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;260345 wrote: epoh, I truly think that when you go af, your life will fill. Other things will fill lthe void of sitting and drinking.
          I hope so greeneyes. I really do feel better today,I also slept well last night. I fully intend to get through today without drinking any alcohol too. This afternoon I'm going out to take some photos. It's -2 C and clear blue sky. Hope you have a lovely day.

Comment

Epoch----The boredom issue is big for me. This is probably my biggest trigger. I don't care how much I am doing---it is never enough for me.

I think it is important to find out why we are this way. Were you impulsive because you wee not truly happy with your job or what you were doing?
            Goal 1: Today
            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

lukalee33;260786 wrote: Epoch----The boredom issue is big for me. This is probably my biggest trigger. I don't care how much I am doing---it is never enough for me.

I think it is important to find out why we are this way. Were you impulsive because you wee not truly happy with your job or what you were doing?
              Good question lukalee: I've had serious problems all my life but am your archetypical 'survivor'. I suppose, when I think about it, my life is not as empty as some others I know. My life's philosophy is that we are here for a particular reason and we don't know what that reason is. We may have to perform many tasks before we are freed by death. The media does give the impression that there is such a better world out there if you have money and power but I don't believe that. The only time I feel really good is when I have done something to genuinely help someone, whether they appreciate it or not.
              Regarding my impulsivity: This is really serious. I was drunk the other day and went into a shop and stole something valuable. When I realized what I did I actually took it back the next day and covertly put it back on the shelf. My impulsivity takes all forms and is usually self destructive and very self-revealing. The only consolation I have is that I am a fatalist and believe that everything happens in order to guide us in the direction we need to be going for what ever universal reason is naturally intended. I am on my third day without a drink. My writing this nonsense surely should indicate to you how f****** bored I am.
              Hope you have a nice weekend

Comment

What would be the reasoning behind the stealing?
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

epoh hi and welcome. bunch of jokers around here, it's the way to keep things interesting.
                  I have a friend who is 90 AF and she is going through a sad phase, she thinks that it's because she is no longer drinking and things are or seem boring.

that feeling does go away as I hear. I heard Norway is beautiful. sure you will get some good shots
                  Trix
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                  X