So Low.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Low.....

TakeHeart - I'm so please you are feeling better today. Thank you for letting us know. Remember, that we are always here, no matter what.

I wish you the best of luck. And remember, the booze will just make things worse! Good job keeping it a bay.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

So Low.....

so glad to read that you have taken the steps to break depression. I just want to send you warm regards.
      Please stay in touch.
      big hugs
      Trixietrack
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

So Low.....

Dear TakeHeart,
        You are not alone, we have all been there on numerous occasions. Don't look back as you cannot undo the past. The combination of alcohol and depression is a murderous downward spiral and one doesn't even remember what came first - the Al or the depression.

You have already been given really good advise by people who all have been there.

I just wanted to ad my two pennies worth. I remember vividly that after weeks of severe depression, when I couldn't or wouldn't do anything, I put on my coat, my sunglasses and an old hat and started walking. The first day I walked for over an hour and the physical and psychological change was simply remarkable and instantaneous. Once I got home nothing else had changed, but I felt so much better. After that I walked everyday, sometimes even twice. This is how I somehow broke the cycle. I read later, that exercise floods ones system with endorphins which have a huge influence on our outlook on everything.
        I just wanted to share this with you, as it might be worth a try and it does not cost anything.
        I will be thinking about you and let us know how you are doing.
        Hugs,
        Lori
        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

So Low.....

((((Take heart))))

You are not alone hon. Now you are part of our community. People are here 24/7, the crisis line is open 24/7. I know how down one can get and how everything seems impossible. You have made some great steps. Baby steps hon. You will get thru this. :l

Comment

So Low.....

Takeheart I only just saw this .........

Hart is right you are no longer alone, there is always someone here 24/7 ......

Unfortunately alcohol causes depression, then we drink to feel better, it works for a short time but then we go back down again ........

You can do this .......

Please, please, please reach out here when you need someone ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

So Low.....

Take,
              You will find that you are not alone. You just described many of us!!!! Maybe some of us are more severe than others but to some degree we can all relate to you. I can certainly relate to where you are. I have been there!!!! I used to drink until I passed out, wake-up drinking again until passing out, what a miserable life. The anti-depressants are not getting a chance to work if you are drinking. I know this to from personal experience. What a horrid cycle. You can get better. Try to get an AF day in. Then 2 days in, then 3. take it one day at a time. start drinking some water. That happy person is in there!!!

Comment

So Low.....

Hi Sweetheart,

I am so glad you're feeling better!

Lori is right about the walking, I did that too and it was a tremendous help!

Keep posting and keep reading, we're here~ all day long!

magic xxx
                ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                I am in the next seat.
                My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

So Low.....

Its a lot of work to pull up yourself but it can be done. AA has many people willing to help you. There are people at meeting who give rides, a place to live, support and there are services out there to get counseling. I passed up yesterday lunch with my man to take a woman home. He said i couldn't believe you did that to me. Oh well if someone like myself is trying to better their life than I will help out. Its all part of AA helping others in the same situation. There is AA...go get it.

Luv to all~
                  Ripple~
                  I care.

:l

Comment

Working...
                  X