Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Want to Pick a Stop Date with Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys -

Checking in. It is so nice to read all the supportive posts. I know this is going to be a process.
    Well, I did good on Sunday. I had 2 glasses of wine. I went to the bar with my husband but really didn't feel like drinking so I left and went home to watch the 2nd half. I decided to go to bed early. Yesterday was a no drinking day for me and it wasn't too bad. Although I didn't sleep very well at all last night. I started a new job today so that could be why.

At any rate, I gave my self a big pep talk but here I am drinking a glass of wine. The bad news, need to redo my AF start date. The good news, I don't feel anxious like I'm going to just keep drinking. Which, is a new feeling for me.

I've been setting some goals. Sounds dumb but I parked the car in an 8am spot so that I would be motivated to not only get up early and move it but I'm going to head to the gym so I have a goal and that will get me to bed early.

Ok. I realize I need to utilize the posts and community more here. Starting to see all the value in the support.

Good luck guys!

Comment

Third day has been a little harder, but that may because of husband and daughter. I guess I notice them more when I'm AF, ya think???
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Noelle -- yes, you'd definitely notice them more when you're AF! Congrats on getting through day 3 and now it's on to day 4. Good for you. Despite a restless night, I'm feeling good as I start day 6.
        ~K.

Comment

Kirova and Noelle,
          You are doing so great! I am really encouraged about your comments.....it gives me hope for you and me both.
          Carjobe, my start date is this coming Sunday - have you set a new date yet, or do you want to join?
          I read the book, I have the Topamax, and am seeing my doctor this afternoon - but sometimes I get the feeling regular doctors don't know much in this area.
          I am concerned about the side effects of Topamax - does anyone have good/bad experience with it? For once, I am actually looking forward to Sunday, and very nervous at the same time. Good luck!
          S

Comment

Ok guys...can I join in? Today is Thursday, but it is my day 1. Anyone up for joining me today?

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

I'm half way thru RJ's book . .. have taken first dose of supplements and am looking to scrape together enough $ to get the CD's which I think will be a huge help . . . so here I go with day ONE . . .I'm feeling . . . .like I can really to do this !! the book is amazing . . . parts are like reading MY life story. . . . yikes!

hang in there . . . here we go!

Comment

Sorry to have jumped ship. Did Mon but now need to start again. OK, today it is. Hope you had a good day 1 Beth and Sunshine. Good going Noelle and Kirovana. See you Sunday bj - hope dr. appt went well.

Comment

Not doing well right now......husband and daughter driving me nuts and I would be drinking if I WAS still drinking. Selfish people. Great, now I'm crying......I never cry.

Comment

I need about 3 weeks so any watchers here - keep an eye on me - I will be announcing my date after I have moved house on Monday 11th.........I can't do both together without a possible murder xx
                    all the best from wayside...........
                    'Prejudice - a lazy man's substitute for thinking'

Comment

Noelle, these feelings are because of alcohol withdrawal.

If your daughter and husband went out and you stayed home with the drink of your choice, would it bother you so much? Probably not, eh?

Coming off of alcohol is a major emotional roller coaster. The first few weeks are the toughest, but are so very much worth it.

Can you go and run a hot bath, make some tea, read a book, or do something good for yourself?

I wish my hubby would take my kid out LOL! I could really use some ME time!!! Embrace this time for pampering you!!

Comment

I don't like baths, I don't have any decaff tea and I read all the time. My hair looks like crap or I'd go shopping.

Would I mind if they had left and I was drinking?????? HELL NO!

Comment

So Monday it is. God i've said it every day for the last 2 years, i wake up and promise today is going to be the day that i stop... i look at my kids and they give me hope but come 3.00-4.0pm the cravings set in and i give in.... Tomorrow i'm going to go and get topamax and hope for a better outcome.

Not having anyone to talk to, share with has been hard so i'm happy to have found a place in which the process is understood. Know one around me knows, the struggle and dark secret that i hide, i just can't talk to my friends and family... I look forward to a group of people sharing the same desire to live a better life, who together can support one another to help create a positive outcome

Comment

I've made it through Sunday!!! I'm feeling really good, so I'm going to keep a close eye on myself and not get all cocky. LOL

Comment

Yes

Noelle;264606 wrote: I'm picking this Monday. I should have the kudzu, I have the book and CDs and I feel good about it. Anyone else?
                              I need help to stop drinking forever. I have to stop drinking as it is holding me back. I would like to set a stop date with you. I think I need hypnosis and a good diet, supplement and exercise program to get started.

Comment

Welcome DiAnn!

Have you looked at the book, CDs and supplements sold on this site? Almost everyone here has tried at least one of them and has not been disappointed. I have the the book, Kudzu and the CDs and they've really helped. For me they have been very worth the money. I've been AF (alchohol-free) since February 4th, 12 days!!!!!!!

Picking Monday sounds great! We'll all be here to support you. And yes, drinking is very likely holding you back. I don't know of anyone who drinks that it doesn't.

Everyone here on this board is waiting to listen and help. You've come to an excellent site!

Post again, we'll be watching for you. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X