Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3:30 PM On Friday

Sherrie-
    If you come back here tonight looking for reasons not to drink, go read the "what I hate about drinking"~ I will bump it for you.

Your daughter has plans, but is she coming home tonight? Make it YOUR accomplishment that she sees you AF~ it will mean oodles to her.

How about scrapping? Go to the local craft store and get supplies~ grab your box of pictures and start scrapping those memories.

Be strong, honey. You can do this. :l
    Much love :heart:

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

sherrie

We haven't heard from you for a while. How are you doing dearie? I hope you are trying to relax a little without AL. Let us know how it is going tonight. We are all pulling for you.
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thanks... Ive read some great posts very inspiring - mm i loved your posts you hit the nail on the head - we are feeling beings and it is ok to feel - knowing that it is a feeling and it will pass is important - it's a great skill to work towards.

Thanks for the inspiration much appreicated!!

Love to all
        I am the author of my life.

Comment

Noelle,

Good going, do not give your power away, to anyone for anything! I am happy that you have decided not to drink! Boy! You will feel so great tomorrow!!!

XXX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Sherrie, how are you today? :* Thinking of you.....
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

sherrie,
              please check in, and let us know how you are doing.
              I hope your evening went well.

You are in my thoughts.

Noelle,
              how did your evening go?

love and hugs,
              Kee
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Keeta, I took two kudzu and the feeling to drink went away, although it may have gone away by itself.....not sure. Just so the wanting went away. Saturday was even worse, but I'm still feeling oddly serene today. It's kinda like waiting for the other shoe to drop? I'm not complaining though.....LOL
                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

YAY!!! Noelle! If you can get through the first few days - the rest will come easier!!!

I am thinking of sherrie too! Check in Hon.

Comment

Monday

Thanks for all of the posts....well I didn't do so great on Friday night. Never heard back from the boyfriend...dropped son off at sleepover and actually left a voice mail to the boyfriend because he was ignoring my call. I broke it all off. We were together close to a year, during the summer I had an engagement ring, but we had problems...doesn't matter now...

Anyway I did stop at the store and buy some b eers and had a sad night...so, I didn't do so good. I didn't drink them all, which is very unusual for me and I didn't drink fast like I did before. Maybe the supplements, not really sure. As a matter of fact the remaining beers are still in my garage.

Saturday my daughter and I dyed our hair, picked up son and went to movies. Just hung out with kids all weekend.

On Sunday morning got a text for the BF apoligizing for Friday and telling me how sorry he was...blah, blah, blah. Too little, too late. I don't need someone like that in my life.

I can say that I'm pretty bummed/depressed today....Monday and back to work.

Thanks everyone!:thanks:

Comment

Sherrie~ welcome back, honey.
                      I'm sorry for the BF issues, and you are right- too little, too late. You will find someone that is worthy of you and your kids.
                      As for the rest of your weekend... it sounds like you and your kids are healing together, which is a powerful thought.... hey, as long as your daughter didn't dye your hair shocking pink when it was supposed to be auburn, then I'd say you guys are going great! :nutso:

Meditation Mama has said that sometimes, pain is good~ not that we want it, but we need it to move forward. I've thought about that a lot lately, and not that I want to sprinkle your life with pain, I hope you can see a bright future.

Do you want to join I Know It's True and me, under "The Crying Game" thread in Just Starting Out.... You are young enough to be Fergilicious... :l
                      Much love, :heart:

Patty
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

One thing that I haven't quite yet mastered is dealing with problems and pain.

Tough starting to learn all of this at age 42, but I'm trying!!!:thanks:

Comment

I'm You Sherrie!

I've been looking around in here again psyching myself up to get going again! There are so many new people. Sherrie, you're story is so familiar! I have been a single mom with two girls (now ages 14 and 10) since my 10 year old was 5 months old. Anyway I have been a daily drinker for years except for a few attempts at AF, now at age 42 it is definately taking a larger physical toll, not to mention mental! I so desperately want to succeed and I will! Anyway, I too have a boyfriend (x?) who is NO help and in fact probably causes more bad than good.

My goal is to refill the supplements and pick a day. In the mean time I'm making some serious decisions as to who and what will be helpful and what will be hurtful. Some of you have many of the same triggers as myself so I'm learning from you how to handle them.

Ironically I have not been on the sight (logged in) for almost 1 year to the day....maybe that is the one of for my list - STAY ON THE SITE!

Anyway, I don't want to change the subject of this thread I just cannot believe sometimes that there are other folks out there with my same struggles and all I have to do is reach out and ask for help from them. Have a great day and Sherrie I really would like to keep in touch with you and your success!

Good luck to all of us!

Comment

Hello ThuzzyQ!! Nice to meet you and sorry to hear that you are ME:H

Get your supps ordered and get started!!! I did slip on Friday, but did great the rest of the weekend. Oh, the boyfriend's text msgs to me yesterday were telling me how sorry he was and he was "HURTING" so much, loves me so much...guess what? Had a funny feeling today so I checked out my hunch...seems that he was hurting and feeling so bad about us that he's on match.com already!!!

I've been back and forth with him many times...this was the very last time. I have enough stuff going on in my life without someone else intentionally making me feel bad.

It would be great to keep in touch with you...:l don't know about you, but with working and the single mom thing, I don't have many friends anymore. Not much free time.

Comment

Glad you checked in sherrie. And welcome to ThuzzyQ!

sherrie, be extra kind to yourself. You will indeed find a great guy, and when you do, you will be in a much better headspace - especially after dealing with this demon called alcohol.

You deserve so much better than he is giving you. To send you a text message days later is just ludicrous. I would dump his butt and just move on.... you soooo don't deserve that!

Comment

My thoughts exactly Accountable! I have been back and forth with a guy for years since my divorce and I think if I REALLY want to be honest with myself, he is my best drinking buddy! He doesn't preach or tell me I drink too much or that maybe my alcohol consumption would be the reason for my weight issue, he just rides along to the liquor store and lets me buy the brew and whatever else then I get to drive back to my house (no cable at his, no car for that matter?) where he drinks, eats my food and watches my TV?!?

Part one of my goal is to rid myself of that! Focus on getting a start date and psyching up for a 30 AF days and just worry about me for awhile, not a guy and not how the girls are viewing my drinking. Although they are not disrespectful I think they have surrendered to the fact that Mom probably won't ever quit? I have to get myself strong before I can tell them anything different.

And yes Sherrie, between the drinking and being a single full time working mom, there isn't a lot of spare time but I have the feeling there would be a bit more if I wasn't three sheets to the wind at 8:00 pm every night????

Thanks guys and I WILL not disappear this time!

Comment

Working...
                                X