Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pity pot

LOL Greenie - Am I that bad?

Why do you think I will be first up for ass kicking?

Mind you - all this talk of big girl pants and spanking.................
    Any way - we had best not go there :H

OK - so no ass whipping from me.
    Just one question.

Are you truly happy right now?

I guess I know the answer to that.

Well - I was exactly like you - and now - I have left ALL that pity, anguish, self loathing and guilt behind - and right now - despite the usual trials and tribulations of a modern hectic life I am truly HAPPY and contented for the first time in many many years.
    Happier than I could ever have believed possible.

I am not any kind of special individual, I do not have any special powers that everyone else doesn't - I am just an ordinary guy with a drink problem.
    There are many others on here who have gone months / years AF too.

If we can do this - SO CAN YOU! You HAVE got the power.

All it takes is to truly want to stop liviing this sh*tty existence we inhabit while drinking.

The problem is - while there is alcohol in our systems - it creates its own reality - our addiction works on our brain to make us believe that only AL can make us feel "good".

The AF reality is VASTLY different.
    the good feelings that Al convinces us we can't do without are a mere shadow of the good feelings that you can get from being AF.

The catch is - you need to be AF for a while to be able to see it!

It is not that somehow I now feel blissed out all the time about nothing.

It is more the fact that I now DON'T spend almost every waking hour feeling bad about just about everything (until drink time), like I used to.

And - If you don't spend time feeling bad, you have time to notice the small things in life that SHOULD bring is joy and happiness - things that barely registered while drinking / preoccupied with planning drinking / recovering from drinking / feeling guilty for drinking...........repeat ad infinitum.

So - no ass kicking here today - just an honest plea to believe
    me - and try it.

There is SO
    much more to life than the life we lead while drinking - no matter what our addiction wants us to think.

I know - I am currently inhabiting that place - and it is AWESOME.

If it was not - why the hell would I spend so much time on here trying to get everyone else to join me!

Love :l

satori

xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

pity pot

jane jane;276709 wrote:
      WE HAVE TO LEARN TO COEXIST WITH ALCOHOL. It isn't going away. ...
      Exactly!

We need to think of alcohol like a deadly nightshade bush or some other bush with delicious looking but deadly poisonous fruit.

It is something we should see, and recognise as harmful no matter how delicious it might be packaged up to look - and just ......leave it alone........ coz it is a no brainer for us........it's probably gonna kill us.....and it aint gonna be quick and painless!

Love :h

satori

xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

pity pot

Well, alrighty then. That was nice. I got hands reaching out instead of a whoopin' Thank you. "Greenbean" was right funny.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

pity pot

Satori, no. I am a happy person by nature. But I have way too much going on right now. An anchor. Hubby faltering, me faltering, business at risk, dad in nursing home and those issues (including siblings). So no. I would not honestly be able to say I am in my happy place. But every day I put on my big girl pants (now with a biscuit in the pocket) and try. I got the doggie school schedule and I have an addiction therapist and will schedule. So I will go back to the plan. Falling down just wears our your arse (I love that word).
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

pity pot

I want a biscuit too .. the British kind. Morning, Greenie. Satori, you are a wise man and I am going to copy your post.
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

pity pot

Hiya Dex...

No - not wise - otherwise I would have figured all this out 20 years ago!

Have a great weekend

Love :l

satori

xxx

Comment

pity pot

I'm sorry I missed seeing this post yesterday Greenie.

I've been telling you for a while now that you have made progress just by coming back here and keeping up the struggle. And that's true. Now is time for the next step.

Keep those big girl pants on and take the attitude of OMAT. Not one day at a time, but one minute at a time. Every single minute now you have to make that choice of not drinking. You are letting all the other things going on in your life become excuses for taking that drink. If you are really going to do this (and I know you are), then you have to say to yourself every minute that the most important thing now is to not drink. Period. Then go on and deal with the other stuff. You will find as Satori says that the other stuff becomes less frightening and easier to handle with time - without the drink.

I know you have so many problems going on right now. We have talked about them. It is time to prioritize them. Number one priority now has to be to help yourself which is to stop drinking. One moment at a time. OMAT.

It's too overwhelming to deal with too many things at once. Focus on this one thing for a week. Get a week AF under that big girl belt.

Right now focus on getting one hour AF. Then the next hour AF. Then one hour AF. Then one hour AF. And so on. And keep taking those supplements gal. Lots of kudzu and L-glut and lots of water.

You know you can pm me anytime.

:h :h
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                X