HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!

I don't think that any of the confrontations here were unwarranted. People at MWO here are very nurturing. People have supported me here while I was drinking when I said that I was really scared to stop or I wasn't quite ready to stop. I've said I function better with support than tough love, and people have given me that.

I think the problem here was that this thread was started under a bit of a false pretense. I think that Greeneyes was needing something from all of us--something legitimate. But in asking for it, she didn't take responsibility but passed it onto her husband. Maybe the thread should have been named, "I know I should throw out this booze, but I'm having a hard time doing it," or something similar. I think this is why people felt a bit dumped on when, little by little, it became clear that Greeneyes had more control over the situation than it initially appeared.

I'm not blaming; I'm just trying to understand how this all evolved. We've had these discussions plenty of times on MWO before--support vs. enabling and where is that line where one tips into the other..... Tough love doesn't work well on me, for sure.

Greeneyes, I am fond of you and have enjoyed your posts, so I hope that you won't take this personally. In my early days, I have been the center of a controversy or two, and I know it isn't much fun. We can all learn from this, and I hope that NO ONE leaves. It's not worth it. We are all here to learn and grow, and we can all reach our goals with patience and hard work.

Hugs to all,:hug:

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

HELP!!

Greeneyes
      Well I think you are great. You try and keep on trying so good for you!
      It's all we can really do. If I were to 'baby' you, I would say give up trying, but you are a big girl (see pants) and I know you won't give up.
      Here's to you.
      Pips
      Pipsqueak

Comment

HELP!!

Greeneyes, you know i love ya girl. Put the big girl pants and and boxing gloves....we can do this.

Comment

HELP!!

Young, that was really beautiful!!
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

HELP!!

thank you Young! we love you!
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

HELP!!

Love you all, too. Has anyone heard from Greeneyes? I haven't seen anything from her lately.

Comment

HELP!!

Kathy, I was concerned too. Then I noticed she posted on another thread late this evening. I think she sounded ok. No way of knowing for sure.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

HELP!!

I'm sort of lurking in invisible mode. I'm OK. Drama was a bit much for me.Thank you for your concern.:thanks:
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

HELP!!

Glad to hear you're okay, Greeneyes. Come out when you're ready. We're thinking of you.

Comment

HELP!!

Ya beat her UP, now she is afraid...TOUGH LOVE WORKS, shit wish someone in my family had done it long ago???? You're a piece of shit and not really trying....GOD, I WANNA just get right up and feel good about myself and try today...

Comment

Working...
                      X