Can't handle life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't handle life

sherrie it alright to feel that way since its just now that you are seeing lots of things and responsibilities,unfinished busssinesses etc. funny enough when i was drinking i kept telling myself that ones i stop drinking everything will be ok but never.they even become complex and need more attension but on the positive side since i will be seeing them on a sober mind. sherrie you have something you love when sober look just for one and appreciate that first thing. then you will realise how better and sweet your life is in a sober mind. THINK POSITIVE

Comment

Can't handle life

Sherrie, life sometimes gets really tough and I truley believe that is what makes us stronger and better people. We learn each day, it may not seem like it, but we do.

Lucky's mentality is what we all need to strive for, that is so true. Recently I was thinking to myself, poor me, about my kids their issues and also autism until one member told me that they lost their child. I need to enjoy every moment with my kids bad or good. They were so right. We are here today and we need to make each day count.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Can't handle life

Like lucky I am feeling happy, and it's not because I have stuff. let's see. I am behind on the rent, have no serious relationship or other half and my checking account is overdrawn.

my kitty still loves me cause I give her herring. my house is clean and my body and some parts of my mind are healthy and positive.
        I'd like to share my happiness with all of you who are having a hard time.

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Can't handle life

Sherrie, your post touched me deeply. My wish for you is that you pick some moments on your vacation with your children that you enjoy the moments, as they are happening, realize what a gift they are. Those are the times you will remember, not the daily grind. Bonus that you are sober too. :h Suz
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Can't handle life

gratitude

They always say "make a gratitude list" in AA when I am feeling sorry for myself, and you know what ???? That is one thing in AA that has worked for me.............I am truly grateful I have a leg w/ a knee that is recovering from partial replacement, they almost took the leg after my car accident!! I am alive!! I was in a coma for a week after the same accident! WOW, I thank you for making me reflect on gratitude today!!

Try to stay positive, enjoy your vacation, enjoy and cherish your children!

Love you,

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Can't handle life

me too!

Grr! Yes, sometimes life is so damn overwhelming! I call them "I don't like people" days.
              I want to run away from home. At least you are being successful at being AF for more than one day. Some of us can't claim that yet. A good scream into a pillow when the kids aren't around helps release the pent-up energy. Hell, with all the road rage out there, a scream in the car on a major highway isn't such a bad idea, either. ( As long as it's limited to screaming)
              Be gentle with yourself. It's a crazy world out there, you are just reacting to it. Doesn't make you a bad person! And don't feel guilty for feeling bad. Acknowledge this will pass, too, let yourself feel all of it, then make darn sure you do something you find pleasurable as therapy! I have a friend who is outrageously funny, and she is the best mood lifter I have. I hope you have someone like that. :l

Comment

Can't handle life

Cry when you are alone. Release without guilt.
                Enough is enough

Comment

Can't handle life

I am boring. I rarely laugh. I have to force myself to eat lunch in the lunchroom with other teachers. There are quite a few I find irritating. I'd rather eat in my room. What this all about? I just don't get it. Life. I wish I had a friend or two but I'm too up-tight. I never seem to be on the same page as others with politics, religion, lifestyles. So I drank to entertain myself. I am still getting to know me. Now I have to figure out who i want to be. I'm just sharing this Sherrie so you'll know that not every one can be happy, grateful, joyful at this time. Oh I have had quite a few laughs here at MWO. Thanks guys.
                  sigpic

Comment

Can't handle life

Hulagirl, you're in the middle of the tunnel right now. I hope you'll see the light at the end of it soon. Good luck! We're pulling for you!
                    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Can't handle life

hulagirl;288598 wrote: I am still getting to know me. Now I have to figure out who i want to be.
                      Oh... I hear you on that one!
                      I drank for my entire adult life.... now that I quit drinking (and smoking)..... I have had to find out who this little girl that got lost so many years ago really is. We all have that lost child in us that we need to discover again...embrace... and love.
                      I went through several months of not laughing...not having any fun...wondering if this was all worth it.... sometimes just barely hanging on... but I knew it had to get better, so I kept going. I have seen the joy that so many long-term quitters now have in their lives... I knew that it takes time, and that is what has kept me going through the tough weeks.
                      Slowly... good days with laughter & fun started coming back... and you know what?? They were better than any of the days I had when I was drinking! I find that I am more outgoing... more friendly...just enjoying the simple things of life more these days! It will happen for you too... it just takes time to readjust, and to discover the precious inner child that has been neglected for so long.
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Can't handle life

"Can't handle life" - I can't believe its only a few months ago - November- that I was saying this to myself. I actually came on the computer and typed out my last wishes...what I wanted at my funeral, where I wanted my ashes etc etc!! At the time I was Af and had been since beginning of October and that's what threw me. Why was I feeling like this when I wasn't drinking?? I went on prozac but only lasted 2 weeks, I felt worse, so much worse and would come home from work at lunchtime and end up in bed all afternoon. I tried to post on here and I couldn't. Couldn't be bothered, it was too much like hard work, I didn't have the energy. I knew it was probably all related to losing my dad in the June and my deteriorating relationship with my alcoholic mam....but I have a fantastic husband, home and 2 amazing teenage children who I love and love me so much....yet here I was unable to function....unable to handle life.

My turning point was New Year. (I had started drinking again early December.) I couldn't wait to see the new year in. I knew I had to turn my life around, nobody else could do it, I had to do it. I literally took myself by the scruff of my neck!! I started just trying to see the positive things in my life, appreciating what I have got rather than brooding over what I haven't got (eg Dad). Simple pleasures like a lovely walk on a bright cold day, watching the birds feed in the garden, the sunsetting etc etc started to bring a smile to my face.

Slowly I'm getting my life back. Since Janurary I've tried to do more swimming and just today I've joined the gym - exercise makes such a difference to me. For the last 2 weeks I've been AF. I do miss my wine but I'm learning to separate the drinking from my problems, being Af is making me more aware of my feelings and why I feel a certain way. I keep telling myself if I drink those problems/worries will still be there. I can honestly say after the last year, mam's ill health and losing Dad etc, emotionally I have never felt better than I have in the last 2 weeks. That feeling is definitely worth staying AF for. Janicexxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                        X