X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stay sober?

Heavenly;289722 wrote:

MY mind told MY body no more, MY body said 'Thank God for that'
    I love what you said there... that is so true .... and to think how long it finally took us to get to that stage of thinking!
    Our minds are so powerful, we have to remember that we need to use them as a tool to help us, and not a weapon to destroy us. Little sayings & mantras are what have gotten me through different stages of my quits (smoking & drinking)... as insignificant as they may seem, they can become our inspiration & the inner voice that we hear & believe to be the truth. It's important that we keep positive & healing thoughts... because what we think, is what we become.
    :new:
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

How do I stay sober?

livingfree;289976 wrote: Ok - Shoot me here ....

That is what I am doing. Yes - I am taking advantage of every support now that I can - but I also believe the God does not leave us with out a support system in hand which is why I am here on MWO.

Liv
      First of all Liv, I ain't gonna shoot ya! LOL I really liked what you had to say... and what I liked the best is that you found what works for YOU! We're all different, and so is each of our quits.... we have to find what works for us.... that usually involves taking a bit of information from all different sources & putting it together into a package that makes sense to us.... and that on some deep internal level, it hits home.... it feels like we have finally found "our truth".
      I too have found that I need support from others to keep myself on track. In previous smoking quits I always thought I could go it alone.... and I'm starting to realize that is why I have failed in the past. When I quit smoking over a year and a half ago, I found a smoking cessation forum & that made all the difference... I had finally found the missing piece. When I quit drinking, I knew that having support would be crucial to my success. After losing a few quit buddies, I went out searching for a new group... and that's when I came upon this great site!
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
      X