I can't remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember

You sound EXACTLY like I did when I had 26 days AF under my belt. Well, I felt I deserved a bottle of wine for being so good, and in less than 1 week I was back to my previous level of drinking with full regret. Something to think about, as I am willing to bet that you also would regret giving in after all your hard work. Is having a few martinis really worth it?

Comment

I can't remember

just to say thanks for your post.. it helped me so much.. am at that places at the moment
      you help so so much and everyone with there post
      there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

I can't remember

4theboyz
        Thanks for this post. It's so important that we don't get to cocky and fall back down into the depths that we were before just because we forget. It's not always the big things that change it's the small things like you said. Taking care of business around the home, having more patience with the kids etc. That is what is so important to me. The kids and that they don't follow my cycle and that they have good memories of me and not the testy, nasty parent.
        So, we continue on this journey and we will figure it out and change our ways. Congrats on your AF days.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I can't remember

I guess that's the key: keeping motivated. It's easy Day 1 after bad night. It's keeping that "resolve" that is difficult. If there was a pill for that, none of us would drink, smoke, whatever!

It is helpful to have a site like this where if we forget the reasons why we don't want to continue the self-destructive cycle, we can read others' stories and relate.

You've done so well. I've barely been able to make it a day. Be proud of yourself. Remember how you didn't feel so proud of yourself when drinking...
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

I can't remember

hey 4theboyz when you started drinking it wasn't a traumatic experience. it was probably a good experience that got out of control.
            the answer will come just give yourself a bit of time. The truth is after what you have told us regarding the amount of drinking you have done, it might take a bit of time for you to get to the core of things.
            be patient with your mind and spirit.

TRix
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I can't remember

Since I'm new, I won't pretend to understand.. except I was AF for a few months 6 years ago and went back to drinking.. big mistake.. I am just now getting my **** together again.. after my life has basically fallen apart.

One thing that might help is the thread here somewhere about liver damage.. some in their 20's with liver issues and probs.. That's a pretty rude awakening and reason to stay AF..
              P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
              - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Working...
              X