Fail and fail again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail and fail again.

I was drinking like you not long ago, but have been lurking around here, doing hypnosis, and taking topamax, and I haven't had so many alcohol free days in so long, you can too!!!

AA didn't work for me either.

Welcome...

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Posted by Seraflames
      I am no longer so much concerned for myself, I am concerned for my wife, her son, and my unborn child. I feel alone.
      Seraflames ~ welcome. It's a brave soul who can admit when they need help. Just a little concerned about the line above.

It's time you got concern for you. You have to do this because you really want to. This may sound stupid but here it goes.....You have to think about you right now. Of course family is a priority and there is no better motivator in the world to help get sober. But if you don't concentrate on yourself for a little bit, you are never going to be any good to them in the future. You sound like you have a very loving and caring wife. Your future is what you make it. It can be great.

Don't worry about getting sober for life right now. Worry about not drinking TODAY. Tomorrow will come and you'll deal with it then. But for right NOW, this MOMENT in time, make that commitment to YOURSELF. I promise you, if you can get a few AF days under your belt you are going to feel a world of difference. Start living and stop just existing.

I wish you the best of luck. We are here for you every step of the way.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Welcome, read, post, take sups, and ask for help when you need it.

bear
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Hi sera & :welcome:

We totally understand how you feel, keep reading and posting, download RJ's book. Make a start even if if is buying less, so then you will drink less .........

Take care .........
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Hi Seraflame,

Big welcome to you and thanks for your honesty. I detest AA. Please check out this link which exposes the cult.

Orange Papers

I have seen great success with MWO. I honestly believe that the supplements, campral or topamax, and exercise are the key to success. And consistency.

Many people have beat this addicition and you can too.

I applaud you for trying another option in the MWO program and also applaud your criticism of AA.

All the best-

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Welcome Sera! :welcome: I suggest the books, the supps and kudzu. And as I have said before, when the plane is going down,the stewardess says for you to you put your mask on first. I believe that if you care about yourself, the rest will fall into place. I have recently began AA and am quite comfortable with it. There a a couple things I differ with but on the whole, it is good for me right now. As others have said, you take what you want and leave the rest. You will find a good community here. Wishing you the best.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Best wishes

Sera - All great advice above - so I'll just say welcome and best wishes on your journey!
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Fail and fail again.

Sear - Welcome. You are with friends here, you will find our support is unjudgemental, and encouraging. Stick with it, you can do this.
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                  X