Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm broke

Well I did not make it through day 4.

I don't feel terrible but i do feel bad.

Anyway today is a new day and i will not drink today. I'm planning on taking the kids (I have four boys) and my dog for a long walk at the river after work, then come home watch movies and eat chile.

So on to day 1. (again)

Marisa

Comment

I'm broke

Marisa, It sounds like you, and your family are really suffering with this addiction. Alcohol does affect the whole family. Let me ask you, what are you doing to help yourself stop drinking? Do you have a plan? Have you read the MWO book? Are you taking the supplements, listening to CD's? You know, you can still download RJ's book for free here through today March 31. This book really helps, more than I can tell you. I would have paid 10 X's the amount I paid for it! White, nuckling quitting, just doesn't work! I cannot even tell you the number of times, I tried to "Just Stop". For me, that never worked!

Best Wishes to you,

Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I'm broke

my best wishes to you. i was in a heap of trouble. i found that the topa kicked in powerfully after about a month but mounds of kudzo and l glutamine at the right times of day were a god send. please take them. your life depends upon it. i am not a good white knuckler either or a just stop person. so get all the things kate said and give this program a real working. you have to do this honey and i promise it will help you..... it really really does get in there if you work it. just don't drink over the top of topamax. you have to allow it to do the magic and then not drink.
        :welcome:

Comment

I'm broke

KateH1;301524 wrote: Marisa, It sounds like you, and your family are really suffering with this addiction. Alcohol does affect the whole family. Let me ask you, what are you doing to help yourself stop drinking? Do you have a plan? Have you read the MWO book? Are you taking the supplements, listening to CD's? You know, you can still download RJ's book for free here through today March 31. This book really helps, more than I can tell you. I would have paid 10 X's the amount I paid for it! White, nuckling quitting, just doesn't work! I cannot even tell you the number of times, I tried to "Just Stop". For me, that never worked!

Best Wishes to you,

Kate
          Marissa...your story is touching.. and so is your progress!! From the way it sounds.. going 3 days AF is excellent progress!! You can do it... really.

Remember, AL doesn't really numb the pain for real, it just postpones it and then adds even more pain..

:l We'll be thinking of you...
          P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
          - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

I'm broke

Marissa,

I, too, had to go onto Antabuse to quit drinking, and like Beth, do not even have a drinking spouse.

I agree you will probably need help detoxing. I can be DANGEROUS to go cold turkey if you are a very heavy drinker.

I went in for a 3 day detox (detox only, not rehab) and had them give me the Antabuse before I could leave the facility. I truly was afraid I would go for just one more good drunk before popping the Antabuse.

I am on day 17,

Best of luck to you. Your children deserve so much more than you can give them drunk. Not meant in a mean or condescending way, just the truth. You deserve so much more out of life, too.

Love,
            Cindi
            XVII
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm broke

Wow Marisa, reading your message scared me. The topamax did help me, but I was also really wanting to stop. However, it did not really make a difference until a few weeks passed and I had titrated up to 100 mg/day. I never made it any higher but believe that at higher doses it would be very very helpful. Definitely give it a try.

Best of luck,
              P

Comment

Working...
              X