Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Sleep Deprevation...can't take it anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chamomile tea is great for sleep as is Sleepytime which is also chamomile based!

The book is probably the Kicker!!! LOL

KH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I have the same problem, have tried everything under the sun prescription and over the counter nothing ever works for an extended period of time. Just had a visit with my pysiatrist today and he wants me to cont to try the rozaren the he just recently put me on but I have an appt next month with a cons with a pulmonologist then hopefully can have a sleep study. Problem is getting ins to pay for sleep study when I don't have sleep apnea, have two docs now thinking maybe I have restless legs - I wake up like a million times a night - even when I'm not drinking doesn't matter with me. Been like this for years, so yea it sucks and I just want to be able to sleep like a normal person whatever that is.
      when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

what if sleep aids i.e. benedryl put you to sleep but you wake after an hour or two and cont to do this all night long? This is my problem, they can put me to sleep but never stay asleep longer than 2 hours at a time - sucks big time.
        when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

rip :soothe: lack of sleep is soooo debilitating I feel for you BUT so much better than drinking. It is like a merry go round you beat one problem and another surfaces. Have you tried some relaxation DVDs they have helped me in the past to unwind a bit. Also a nice mug of hot chocolate before bed

Hope this helps

:heartsnflowers: Sweetpea xx
          :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Yogi tea makes a bedtime tea with valerian and skull cap among other herbs that after 2 cups I'm out like a light.

Comment

Poohbear,

Please be careful if they prescribe the med Mirapex for RLS.

The ad says "if you have sudden increases in sexual urges or gambling" let your doctor know. This kind of tells me that it messes with the chemicals in the brains that us alcoholics have issues with. (Alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling addiction, sexual addiction, food addiction, etc, are all associated with the same brain chemicals and issues. That is why doctors will not prescribe benzos, etc, to alcoholics, they know we will simply trade one addiction for another.)

It would be awful to fix the sleeplessness and have a sudden urge to drink more. Make sure you let your doctor know you are a heavy drinker (you don't have to say alcoholic, you can say heavy drinker...)

I am NOT an md or anything like that but err on the side of caution and discuss this carefully with your doctors.

Sorry about the sleep thing. I did it too, for years!! Menopause and drinking both were the cause. My hubby used to laugh that I slept 2-3 hours a night whether I needed it or not.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

well appreciated...XXOO

carefully read ALL thoughtful posts people..gonna add tryptophan and Melotonin for sure. had Rozerem, Meno of course...yes I do AA meetings, and IAD hubby says..you have to walk..so yes to exercise.

*T you know I am NOT in New York dear.
                *no more gambling...stopped that.
                *backed off on caffiene tremedously!
                *gonna try some teas also...GREEN to CLEAN!

*possible sleep study..if needed!

remove head from bowl now and change avatar for friday! :bin:

need more rest...thank you friends! xxoo :l

Comment

Hey, Ripple~

Agree on the Melatonin / L-Tryptophan combo.. it is the best.. You have to start the Tryp at 500mgs (and make sure it is the PURE tryp, not a blend) the first night and then work up to 1500mgs by the third night. If you take it too fast you will get headaches. Take 1 hour before bed, not right before...Also, make sure you get the SUBLINGUAL Melatonin (under the tongue), you can get them in 2.5mgs, and you can take up to 5mgs. Take when you climb into bed as they only take about 20 min. to take effect. I would also recommend the straight Valerian Root Tea. Two tea bags and steep for 5 minutes covered about 30 minutes before bed. You can get all of this from the health food store/nutrition store. This should knock you out, then you can start to back off.

Sleep is of the upmost importance in recovery, as we all know. Our body, mind and spirit must be quiet to come back to balance. So, it is OK to use what you have to so you can get some deep sleep. As you do come back to balance you will not need as much of these aides.

PM me if you have any questions... sleep tight!!

{{{{{{{zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz}}}}}}}}}}

xoxoxx

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

thanks MUM...

puppy toastyes want to be knocked out! have list ready...put my :grannypantsn, and get all this good stuff..no more complaining my friends..XXOO thanks for helping me, tonite i may be a bastard, but you will see a better Ripple soon! :H

Comment

so sorry rip, I wish that I could give you some of my sleepy . I sleep up to 9 hours a day,drunk or not, I can fall asleep in 15 mins.

I wonder if there is a way to give you some of my sleepy dreamy.

trix
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

trix - I'll take a slice too please. I'm so jealous. Dream on baby!

Comment

Rippy, we want you happy and rested, but we always love you!!!

By the way....luv, luv the new Kitty playing with Kabuki brushes, avitar!!!!

XX Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I agree- melatonin rocks!
                            And I hope you are feeling better rip?
                            Jen
                            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

lovely buddys...just lovely, no other words.

have the stuff! and also asked for help to uploads some pics! you all need to see Rippy! you are not wasting honest time helping, it is appreciated to the fullest. :butterfly:

Comment

maybe if we sing you some lullabies and rock you in a hammock to sleep.
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X