Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Sleep Deprevation...can't take it anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripple et al,

I have to tell you that sleep IS the best medicine for everything. If you need medication to get some good REM's, then don't hesitate to seek medical help. If you don't sleep, you are only going to bring on other medical problems that will eventually lead to pharmaceuticals.

I was not a failure, because I needed an epidural to have both my babies. I am not a failure because I utilize a prescription drug to sleep. I have high cholesterol, thanks to my genes, and even if I were to only eat celery, I would still require medication to lower my risks of bigger issues down the road. I take a prescription for that too...

Somewhere, we got it all wrong. Medication can have a huge benefit on our lives and longevity. I am not sure why so many of use feel 'guilted' out when we have to depend on them to keep us alive? Even more strange, is that all of us on here have been poisoning our bodies for years, without hesitation for the most part, yet, the thought of taking a pill to help us sleep seems toxic?

About 2 years ago, I could not sleep. I became depressed, hopeless. My blood pressure went up, my drinking increased ( to pass out) and my blood triglycerides and cholesterol went through the roof. I went to the doctor, he gave me Zopiclone ( I think called Lunesta in the US) and within 4 weeks, was drinking far less, exercising more and presto- everything blood wise went back to 'normal'. Bottomline, you need sleep to be healthy. If none of the OTC/ holistic stuff works, then get to a doctor and deal with this before it leads to bigger health issues.

And about getting hooked on them to sleep? I can think of worse things... I don't use them nightly, but I do keep them on hand for when I can't 'shut it off'. Like many things, I kick myself for going so long without them and thinking I could do it on my own...

Here's to sweet dreams!

Skoots
    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

tell it like it is....thank you Skoots.

Skoots you say it the way it is. You are so right what lack of sleep does to us. Initially i had sleep deprevation (always) have had it, add alcohol and BOOM. i went totally to hell with the similar stuff going on (medical) and personal, i tried the medications for sleep and used Booze, then got in REAL trouble. But i do understand you, that IF I need to have script meds. i will get them. For now i am going to try what the ladies have recommended and the RAPID responses here have been so helpful to me today. had a big cry last nite, finally dozed off after many insomnia pills, although its been many nites without rest. your post speaks volumes like the rest of the honest persons here. thank you..XXO rip.

Comment

Melatonin works for me, but I have to take the time release because I have a problem staying asleep.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I didn't realize they had time released I will have to try them my problem is also waking up then thinking too much.

Comment

rippy is going nite, nite now with her stuffed poodles. took melatonin and tryptophan(hopefully trip to spain)...plus the hylands...touch of beech and should be good to go! thanks people. new day tomorrow dealing with sobriety...:boohoo:

Comment

Working...
            X